61

Why People Change (11)

I paused for a moment when I saw Ian's disheveled appearance for the first time.

Saying that it was good just to say thank you for something you were grateful for was a good way to know how serious I was during this time.

I averted my eyes slightly and mumbled.

"Uh... Um, I'm sorry for swearing at you in one way or another. Now that I am a new person, I want to apologize."

"Then those strange curses were only done to me?"

"Of course. I can't do meticulous swearing on Reid or Lanella because it's a waste."

I spoke shyly.

"Honestly, even that was bad for you. It was a bit difficult to control the intensity of my curses. I'm sorry."

At that moment, the carriage came to a slow stop.

"We have arrived at the Rainfield residence!"

The driver got off quickly and opened the door of the carriage.

"Then see you in front of the clock tower tomorrow morning at 8 o'clock."

I unilaterally notified the appointment time and jumped off.

I was about to enter the house without looking back, but something suddenly came to my mind.

"Ah, flowers!"

Ian mumbled as he suddenly held out a bunch of flowers to the carriage door that was about to close.

"...Okay."

"What?"

I couldn't hear him properly, so when I asked a question, a ridiculous answer came back.

"You can curse. Instead, just do it only to me from now on."

The door closed and the carriage departed.

I stood blankly and stared at the back of the carriage for a moment.

I tilted my head and blinked, but when I saw the flowers in my hand, I clicked my tongue again.

"These are not the right flowers..."

He must have shoved the roses in the carriage earlier and gave me other flowers.

The color was the same red, except they were not roses, but tulips.

"Giving something without sincerity..."

It didn't really matter to me the type of the flowers.

However, I was upset about the lack of sincerity, so I poured out a few swear words as I wanted.

"I hope a fruit fly floats in your glass of water."

To be honest, it was a weak swear that didn't even sound harsh. It seemed that I could no longer swear at him harshly.

~*~

(3rd person pov)

Lanella arrived in Caronda and was breathing annoyedly.

She liked Oscar for a long time in the nursery.

Lanella, who was nice and kind to everyone, was much more popular than Marilyn, who always spoke carelessly.

So of course, she thought Oscar would go to her.

But when she confessed to Oscar at the end of their adolescence, he gave an unexpected answer.