162

Daily Life

It was the first day that marked the beginning of the founding festival. As Duke of Wade, Ian sat down in a chair specially prepared for him and meditated.

'That's why my father wanted to hand over the duchy to me so much.'

Even if the authority of the nobility was not what it used to be, the high-ranking nobility was still the high-ranking nobility.

During the special celebrations of the founding party, the dukes and marquis had to stand on the podium with the Imperial family.

'It is very unpleasant not being able to be with my family at an event like this.'

Ian was sitting like a sculpture in a neat and stylish attire, thinking about other things.

'How excited Leah and Theon were. Last time, they were excited because there were many things to see.'

The twins, Leah and Theon, whom Annabelle gave birth to were now seven years old.

Leah was a cute little girl with blonde hair and red eyes, and Theon was a playful boy with lavender hair and blue eyes.

As Annabelle wanted, she gave birth to a girl who looked like Ian and a boy who looked like herself.

"But it didn't have to be so extremely alike..."

Annabelle would often mutter that as she watched her sleeping twins. Even their personalities resembled Ian and Annabelle, respectively.

Leah was already neat, tidy, and abiding by rules, and Theon was growing up as a lovable mischievous person.

'Aaron and Cessianne would take good care of them, but...'

Leah and Theon were to be looked after by Aaron until the formal opening speech was over.

Because Annabelle and Cessianne had attended the procession in the temple, they could not see the children.

Aaron and Cessianne had two sons, and the twins got along well with their cousins, and for a few days, they had been excited about getting along with their peers.

"Okay then, before the full-scale opening ceremony, there will be a congratulatory speech from the High Priest."

A procession of priests was continuing in the distance.

Even though they had been married for a while, Ian's heart began to pound.

This was because the Knights of Wade were in charge of escorting the High Priest, and the escort was led by the Commander of the Knights, Annabelle.

She wore her uniform and hat she had brought in the morning, and Annabelle was leading the escort with a relaxed expression under the bright sunlight.

Their eyes met from a distance. Annabelle said playfully with the shape of her mouth.

"Oh, my husband? Long time no see!"

He saw her this morning, but he had been wanting to see her for a while, so it didn't feel awkward at all to say it had been a while.

Annabelle wrinkled her eyes and pursed her lips again.

"Are you feeling pretty today?"

Of course, Annabelle was the only one who could communicate her words to her partner with the shape of her mouth.

In Ian's case, he was unable to convey his message with his mouth, as he was sitting facing the crowd.

Because that would get everyone's attention.