117

Origin of the Last Black Magic (1)

Aaron must've acted with Annabelle.

So, without anyone knowing, he could have known.

"Why do you look like that? As if lost..."

Braden was bewildered by Ian's bewildered face he had never seen before, but he answered anyway.

"He was going to the headquarters to deal with the drugs... Ian?"

Without listening to the end, Ian started running towards the headquarters.

He was not even conscious that this was a swordsmanship competition arena.

He wanted to see Annabelle right now. He, too, had something to say to Annabelle.

He was irrational, but he only had that thought.

Ian ran frantically and soon reached Aaron, who was on his way to the headquarters.

Aaron and Cessianne were moving slowly while talking to each other.

"So we're going to headquarters."

"Right. Isn't the qualifier round starting soon? It's okay to lose, so don't worry..."

"Cessianne, I will never be eliminated from the qualifiers round."

"But so far, the win rate is 0%, isn't it?"

"...When I was 12. It would be difficult to give statistics like that from one match and one loss."

"Still, I'm not wrong."

"I certainly wasn't playing the role of being kidnapped back then. In front of Cessianne, only my older sister took the cool role... Huh, Ian?"

Ian grabbed Aaron, who was talking with his lover, and stopped him.

Aaron blinked his eyes and murmured.

"Hmm, what you said was right. I was trying to win, but I can't..."

At Aaron's words, Ian immediately realized that he was aware of Annabelle's plan.

Apparently, Annabelle had even told Aaron that she would send Ian to the swordsmanship contest.

She put Aaron on the battlefield instead of herself.

"Aaron, where is Annabelle?"

"...Huh? Why are you asking about my sister at this point?"

Aaron squinted his eyes and looked at Ian suspiciously.

Ian growled as he grabbed him by the neck and urged him once more.

"Where did Annabelle and Prince Robert go? Don't make me say it three times."

"Even Prince Carlon said that he was simply chasing their tracks externally. If you're curious about that, you can go after the swordsmanship contest..."

"Since when did you say you listened to Annabelle so well?"

"In that sense, I have to tell you one more thing."

Aaron held out the papers he was holding.

"If Ian arrives on time, she asked me to deliver this to headquarters. It's an illegal drug distribution channel that circulated among the participants of the swordsmanship competition."

Ian reflexively accepted the document. When he read the first chapter roughly, it was a drug that instantly boosted a person's skills.

"Stupid things. This is bound to have side effects in one way or another."