120

Origin of the Last Black Magic (4)

Soon after, to their surprise, a voice was heard vividly in the wind.

~"Found it."

~"...Annabelle? Did you say you found it now?"

~"Yes."

"...Annabelle?"

Marilyn and Oscar, who were in the crowd, looked at each other and murmured.

Of course, Annabelle's opponent was undoubtedly Robert.

Because Robert usually spoke to the common people, few people didn't know his voice.

While everyone was stunned, the wind continued to carry their voice.

~"Oh!"

~"If you want to save Robert, tell me what it is."

The Emperor muttered blankly.

"...Carlon?"

It was a moment when the mouths of the people who had been chattering were shut all at once.

Then the Empress, who was blinking her eyes, abruptly stood up.

"Something is strange!"

She was the only one who could rectify this situation. The Empress hurriedly shouted.

"Carlon was acknowledging Miss Annabelle's skills enough to have a friendly duel! There is no way the two of them can fight!"

Then the wind blew again, and Carlon's voice echoed throughout the capital.

~"It seems like something has happened since you were recognized for using a sword on a vulgar and stupid commoner's subject."

Everyone exchanged glances at Carlon's cynical voice.

"Whoah."

There was one person in the crowd who could never stand the situation.

It was Maiena, the chairman of the commoners' council.

She jumped up and shouted loudly.

"Somehow, Prince Carlon seems to have the same opinion as the Empress."

Most of the commoners filling the streets began to murmur.

"Anyway, according to the information I got, the Empress..."

"Silence!"

The Empress forcibly stopped Maiena from speaking.

Anyway, Maiena was in the audience and the Empress was in the special seat.

Naturally, she had no choice but to draw more attention to the Empress.

"Hey, isn't this black magic? I wonder if this black magic is manipulating lies and spreading it in the capital city!"

The Empress eagerly spoke. To get around this situation, she had to somehow divert the attention.

"Even so, a lot of strange things are happening in the capital these days!"

Right now, it was buried because of the swordsmanship competition, but there was something that everyone in the capital knew.

It was the case of the disappearance of the High Priest, Bellinock.

"The night the High Priest went missing, I heard that there were witnesses who had seen a Saintess with him. However, Robert is swayed by his personal feelings just because the Saintess is related to Miss Annabelle, and did not properly investigate..."