109

Qualifications of the Mind (14)

"I know I'm a symbolic figure."

Throughout my childhood I lived with scandals to be recognized as a member of the aristocracy.

Then it turned out that I was a commoner, and after that I became a hero who eradicated dark magic from the Empire.

I won a duel for the Emperor's honor, and as a result, he personally bestowed alcohol.

It was obvious that it would be an incredibly beautiful story to have a relationship with Prince Robert.

"I'm not forgetting the symbolism. Especially in this day and age."

But that didn't mean for me to get on with Robert at all.

It was another matter of my liking for Ian.

It was necessary to clarify this fact.

"My true feelings, for the trajectory of my life, is not marriage."

It was a little embarrassing, but there was still something to say.

I cleared my voice and opened my mouth again.

"And Leslie isn't forced to be pointed at. She's a great person who has the philosophy of eating delicious things instead of having time to pay attention to what others think."

"..."

"I don't think Leslie needs me to be her shield either, for she is the staunchest and most noble woman I have ever known."

I continued in a firm tone.

"I really don't care that my parents are commoners either. On the contrary, I'm even grateful that I don't have the blood of Marquis Abedes."

I heard a noise outside the door and I sighed softly.

I was already aware of the popularity, but my family was eavesdropping on our conversation.

That cry was definitely my father's. It seemed that my family was moved more than necessary.

"Wait a minute."

For a moment, I focused outside the door and noticed a faint sign and breathed in surprise for a moment.

"I guess Leslie is here too!"

Unlike my family, Leslie can easily hide her traces, so I didn't sense her until now.

'I think you must have been really touched.'

It was a little awkward, but I tried to suppress the embarrassment.

"Well, can I end the conversation now? I have an appointment."

"Of course. It's my fault that I didn't notice you in advance."

Maiena got up without a hitch.

"But what can I do..."

Then she wriggled her fingers in a perplexed way.

"What is it? Anything else?"

"In fact, I used to treat the Emperor alone..."

I wondered if the commoner council was this big, so I opened my mouth. I knew the Emperor was in favor of the common people.

"I thought Miss Annabelle and Prince Robert were lovers who were really hesitant because of the gap in status..."

She blinked and sighed.

"...So I made a suggestion in support."

I sighed with the same expression as her after hearing the whole story.