150

Rich Man's Drink (3)

'Why did he have to go back to that time...'

Leslie sighed and looked at her husband in front of her.

He came to pick up the sword. Seeing what he was doing, it was as if he had gone back to his nineteen-year-old days.

'It's really hard to go back to being a teenager after turning forty.'

The lights in the room were off, and only the occasional flash of lightning and the moonlight, which poked its head through the clouds, illuminated them.

Maybe that was why, in Braden's drunken eyes, Leslie also looked like twenty-one.

"But it must have been difficult to come to my bedroom. I'm sorry, but I'm underage."

Leslie sighed deeply at Braden's sarcastic remark.

He claimed to be a minor while he was desperate to see his son get married.

'It's different, really. Just this morning, he was making a fuss saying he wanted to see his grandson...'

It was this variable that made her dislike Braden's drinking.

Braden had mistreated her until Leslie suffered an injury and withdrew from the swordsmanship contest.

'Again, I... Why the hell did I get married?'

Normally, she had completely forgotten about her life, but when this happened, she had no choice but to remember her old thoughts.

'Ah, back then...'

Leslie's expression, reminiscent of an underage Braden, began to wrinkle more and more.

'He was an unlucky kid.'

~*~

Leslie competed in her first swordsmanship contest when she was 17.

And there she first met the fifteen-year-old Braden in the final.

Of course, she often heard rumors about Wade's master swordsman, but she never encountered him as a daughter living in a shabby inn in the corner of the capital.

'He looks like a pompous person. He's a little cuter than my brother, maybe because he's wearing a good color.'

That was her first impression of Braden in the final.

15-year-old Braden grew slower than his peers and was shorter than Leslie.

At that time, she was beaten by Braden in the final.

Before he even lifted the pointed sword from Leslie's neck, Braden looked into her eyes and spoke as if he had done her a great favor.

"Come into the Knights of Wade. In a few months, I'll give you the lieutenant position."

Leslie was stunned by the scouting before she could even feel defeated and was unable to speak for a while.

But since then, a subtle sense of humiliation crept in.

"You seem to have a lot of talent, so why don't you train properly?"

It was a tone of giving a great favor, and in fact, it was a huge favor.

The Knights of Wade were flooded with knights that they even said that they could not easily enter without going through the training during their childhood.

However, it was even more shocking that he promised at once the position of lieutenant.

He was also perhaps the best scout for Leslie, who was born into a difficult family and learned the sword directly from her grandfather, a retired mercenary.