104

Qualifications of the Mind (9)

Getting rid of Orian wouldn't do him any good. If it was to be eliminated anyway, it was better to get rid of someone like a thorn in the eye.

"Who?"

"The saintess who did Annabelle Rainfield's paternity test."

The tip of Carlon's lips rose subtly. It meant he liked his opinion.

"So her strength is guaranteed, and she's a small woman, so she's easy to subdue, and she doesn't have any relatives. Besides, since she stays in the capital, wouldn't it be much more comfortable getting things done quickly?"

"Okay."

Carlon nodded his head slowly.

"But it said that we needed her consent to transfer her powers."

Of course, the 'consent' he was talking about was a threat.

"I was thinking of holding a loved one hostage. If she has no relatives, who will we take hostage?"

"Aaron Rainfield is her lover."

Carlon didn't know much about the love history of commoners. But he knew that Rainfield was Annabelle's surname.

As his eyes narrowed, Bellinock reiterated his hopes that he could handle Cessianne.

"Although he is the lieutenant of the Knights of Wade... He doesn't appear at swordsmanship competitions at all. It won't be that difficult to take him as the hostage."

"Even Annabelle Rainfield will run into trouble."

Carlon carefully frowned.

"It is safer to get the former High Priest..."

Lagian, who stood behind Carlon as an escort, then spoke.

"If it's Annabelle Rainfield, I can subdue her. Don't worry about it."

"..."

A slight suspicion crept into Carlon's eyes. He lost last time as well, but he was wondering if he could really believe it.

"It was an official duel, so there were a lot of things to be concerned about."

Lagian said confidently.

"If you are in a position where you can run wild without being aware of other people's eyes, you will win unconditionally."

Bellinok glanced at Lagian and then nodded his head as if in agreement.

Annabelle was incomparable to his size, and the intimidation given only by his appearance was enormous.

"Even then, because Richard collapsed..."

Lagian said, threateningly striking the sword behind his back.

"It would never have been possible to give away a victory like that in vain."

Carlon let out a soft sigh. He felt like he was being pushed, but he had no choice.

He said that people believe what they want to hear.

"Okay, then it's decided."

Carlon said grimly.

"Aaron Rainfield as the bait to somehow lure Cessianne. After taking away her divine powers, find out the origin of the black magic, and then kill her immediately."

"Yes."

Bellinock was excited and nodded his head.

He really hated Cessianne. How much shame he suffered because of her in front of others.