87

How to Use the Opponent's Trap (1)

(3rd person pov)

Carlon's displeased expression crumpled even more.

"It's too much pressure for Ian Wade and Annabelle Rainfield to both be Robert's people. I think they're already disturbing me without hesitation. I'm going to cut at least one out."

"That's a good choice."

Richard nodded at once. Ian was difficult to attack because he had no gaps, but he was confident that he could handle Annabelle easily.

"It's a great opportunity for her to be his banquet partner. I'll do my best to help you. I can't believe that I was her half-brother for 22 years."

"Yeah. That's why I called you."

Carlon knocked on the table with his knuckle and spoke as if he was satisfied.

"She's hot-tempered and impatient, very cheeky and easy-going. Originally, it was said that when hitting the enemy, you should hit the weakest branch first."

Richard rubbed his hands.

"In that sense, getting rid of Annabelle Rainfield first is a very good choice."

"As expected, I think so too."

Carlon agreed with a relaxed look.

"Oh, and... Diplomacy with the Duke of Edison was not very successful. He wasn't really interested."

"Okay."

Richard replied quickly.

"The administration will take care of it because all official documents that are posted to His Majesty will go through us."

In fact, Richard had been assisting Carlon by forging official documents.

Changing it cleverly enough not to be caught just before a problem occurred was one of Richard's specialties.

Thanks to Richard, Carlon's various incompetence and corruption were being buried one by one.

"Please leave it as it is now."

Confidently guaranteed, Richard squinted at the exotic-looking man standing next to Carlon.

"Is this person..."

"Lagian Velicis."

Lagian nodded his head.

Richard had to raise his head for a long time because of how big he was.

Everything was overwhelming, including copper-colored skin, large muscles, and a huge long sword on his back.

Seeing Richard's expression, who seemed a little tired of it, Carlon raised his chin happily and said.

"Almost all experts say that Lagian's skills are better than Annabelle's."

Lagian nodded confidently.

"I've seen Annabel Rainfield since she was 14. It won't be easy, but if I take advantage of her weaknesses, I can definitely kill her."

"But Annabelle Rainfield is a talented person who's second place in the empire."

When Richard muttered carefully, Lagian snorted and replied.

"There is a decisive difference between Annabelle Rainfield and me."

"What's that?"

"She has never killed someone. She doesn't use her sword to kill people..."

Lagian insidiously smiled.