12.

My breathing was like gone. I couldn't breathe. I haven't seen her in so long... So very long. Not even when I was in middle school.

Where has she been really... How did anyone get in contact with her... If she answered someone else then does that mean she's been ignoring me...?

It went quiet once my mom walked towards me. She wrapped her arms around me and I felt her whimper slightly. "I'm so sorry..." She whispered.

I stayed quiet and turned my head. I couldn't hug her. How could she do this to me. Who even invited her.

She pulled back and I sighed. "Petra..." I mumbled and she walked towards me. "I have a surprise for you." I said ignoring the little gasp in the back from me ignoring my own mom.

Peter and Patty didn't know anything of what just happened so they were cheerful.

"SURPRISE!"

Petra's eyes widened. "MOM DAD!" I turned around as she past me and hugged them. I stared at them folding my arms slightly. They hugged tightly and said so many lovely words.

Suddenly I envied Petra.

-

Everyone was talking and enjoying their time while I tried to avoid my mom at all cost... Eren walked over to me and put her soft hand on my shoulder. "Hey there birthday boy." She smirked as she spoke.

"Hi." I mumbled.

"Are you okay? Did you not like the surprise?" She asked quietly.

"I did like it." I said quietly. I really did, it was just why did my mom have to be apart of it.

"It's your mom isn't it." She said quietly to which I didn't respond to. "I'm so sorry... If your mad don't be mad at Petra it was my fault, I made Petra get your moms number and send it to me for me to answer her and invited her over to surprise you but now I see that it was a really bad idea and I hope you can forgive me for ruining your big day." She said all too fast, not even taking a breath.

I rolled my eyes and pulled her towards me. I glanced around for Petra to see her laying on the couch with Oluo. I rolled my eyes before hugging her softly.

She immediately hugged back. "Don't kill me!" She whispered yelled.

"Tch. I'm not mad okay?" I rolled my eyes at the brunette. She lifted her head to look up at me, and I moved her hair to the side. "Just surprised." I lied. I wasn't mad, I just hate this. I guess it's hard to say.

She nodded slightly and we still were hugging. We finally pulled away after awhile and there was an awkward silence.

"Okay then... We have something we made for you also."

"That is?" I raise a brow as I moved the food to the side putting foil on it.

"You'll have to wait."

"Then why tell me." I spoke with a roll of my eyes making her giggle.

"To make you feel annoyed that you have to wait."

I rolled my eyes again before rubbing her head softly.

-

After we all finally sat around and ate, I tried my best to just give in with my mom being here but it was so hard. Odds were everyone made me sit next to her besides Hanji, Erwin, Mikasa, Armin, and Eren.

We talked for a moment and I left out everything on how I felt with her not being there for me through my lifestyle.

She apologized anyway but I chose to just move on.

-

Everyone was sitting around me and I already knew what was coming up since Eren ran off into the kitchen by herself.

I rolled my eyes when she came out with a cake. Everyone immediately started to sing, "Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to Levi, happy birthday to you!"

"Blow out the candles!" Eren said happily. Could I really disappoint her? I blew out the candles not wishing for nothing in particular. Mostly for this day to end already.

"What's in it?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Your favorite." Mom spoke happily. "Lemon vanilla ice cream cake."

My mouth actually watered once she said that. I got the first slice before everyone else got a slice. I sat in between Eren and Petra.

Eren seemed to be the main person focusing on me besides Hanji and Erwin. Other than that, everyone was talking to eachother.

Even my mom was talking to Peter and Patty, catching up like they were good old friends.

"So how do you like the cake and the posters?" Eren asked as she snuggled up towards me. I thought about how Eren always liked to be snuggling around me, but now wasn't a good time since Petra was near. But should I care? She has her legs all on Oluo...

I put my plate down. "It was all great." I said calmly.

"Good!" Eren said as she put her plate ontop of mines. She moved closer and I sighed. I pulled her even more closer to me hating the slow tension she was doing.

I know I shouldn't have but I didn't care.

We stayed near eachother listening to the nice music in the back and everyone talking and drinking.

I sighed out of some type of relief when I felt Eren lay her head on my lap. I couldn't care if Petra was mad... If she even saw or didn't. For some reason, I really just wanted it to be me and her.

She looked up at me and touched my chest softly before dropping her hand. I stayed still and continued to look down into her eyes.

I found myself moving down to her lips. Should I... No... I shouldn't. But then again... No...

I kept moving down to her lips and she didn't budge, as if she was waiting for it. Petra.

I sat up and made her sit up. I got up and walked off covering my face as I walked. Was I embarrassed? Nope. I was just fucking dumbfounded on how I could cheat on Petra...

I'm so sorry... I won't ever cheat on you Petra... Must be the wine... Yeah. That's all... The wine.