Chapter 2

Anita wasn't traumatized by what she saw. She really thought it was just a dream and went back to sleep without seeing Astéria. She watched numerous true crimes and two heads falling was nothing surprising to her. She just got scared because she never had nightmares and didn't know how to react but now that she had escaped, she felt nothing. Astéria on the other hand was going crazy. She wanted to kill everyone on her way to feel better but she couldn't forget the look on Anita's face. What if she never came back? What if that was the last time she ever saw her? What is she scared her too? She couldn't scare her. Anyone but her. She had to come back. She couldn't leave. That couldn't happen. She had to see her again. She would do anything.

No one dared approach Astéria and she didn't even recognise herself. She couldn't do anything and that was even worse. Astéria didn't study magic because she by far preferred winning with physical force and mind games. But at that moment she regretted it horribly. She had a lot of mana and she knew she was talented but felt that it wasn't useful to her. But in those days she didn't see blue eyes, she started learning. She didn't stop reading day and night and forgot all about her original revenge. She didn't need to work that hard however because soon Anita came back by herself. Astéria was terrifying but Anita was attracted to terrifying people it seemed. She opened her eyes in her own body this time. Astéria had put a protection spell on the room and having no one around her whose body she could invade, Anita came herself, being the only one the spell let through.

Astéria didn't feel the presence at first and Anita stared at her with curious eyes from the shadows. As soon as she took a step closer, Astéria jerked around ready to strike. Seeing the familiar eyes however, she froze immediately. She never saw that face before knowing no one from the mansion with those traits. She knew it was Anita, she felt it and she needed to remember every detail. She was gorgeous. So gorgeous it was overwhelming. Seeing Astéria with a blade, Anita didn't dare move either. She placed her hands in front of her as a sign of peace and retreated. Feering that she was scared, Astéria immediately let go of the blade which fell to the floor:

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

Anita tilted her head. Did she ever hear Astéria apologize? Not that she was aware of. While she was thinking, Astéria continued soothing Anita. Not that she was scared. She never had nightmares and knew nothing bad would happen but she couldn't help her reflexes while seeing a blade. After all, wouldn't she be a complete idiot if she didn't move at all being attacked?

"I would never hurt you. You can come closer."

Anita finally realized her hands were still in front of her and put them down with a shy smile.

"Oh it's fine. I just got surprised, sorry."

Astéria froze for the hundredth time and now it was Anita who was worried. How could the disdainful female lead be this inanimate in front of her? Was everything okay? Astéria who always knew what to say or do and who usually stayed silent because she didn't want to waste her time on people was now staring at her, completely lost in her choice of words.

"Are you okay?"

Every time Anita talked it was worse so she stopped. She was used to weird dreams and was just going to wait. She was waiting to see what would happen and was quite used to being a spectator in her own dreams. Astéria on the other hand didn't want to wait:

"Again.

-Again what?

-Talk more."

Astéria recognized Anita's voice now that she was in her own body. She was the singing voice. She had fallen for the same person twice and now she couldn't think straight anymore. She was finally in front of her. The person who had walked her through this nightmare of a life was finally in front of her. She had imagined their meeting hundreds, no, thousands of times and now that she was finally here, it was way better than she ever would have thought.

"I want to hear your voice.

-My voice? Why?"

Astéria was so happy she thought she would cry. She never cried but at that moment she felt the tears swell up in her eyes. She got up and started walking slowly towards Anita. If she could she would have run and caught her before holding her with all her strength but she couldn't scare her again. She couldn't leave. Not twice. She wouldn't be able to take it. Anita let Astéria approach her and once she was in front of her, Astéria waited a few seconds before slowly taking Anita's hand. Don't scare her. Don't scare her. Never scare her.

"I love your voice so much. I beg you. Could you sing for me?"

Anita frowned. She wasn't listening at all:

"How can I feel your hand so well? This dream is so weird.

-This is not a dream."

Anita laughed.

"Of course you would say that."

Astéria slowly brushed her hair away from her eyes and Anita froze feeling it way too much to be a dream:

"I am not kidding.

-It's impossible. I know that I am dreaming. If I close my eyes I will...

-Wait!"

Astéria immediately soothed her voice. She had never in her life been that gentle with anyone and it was still new. Even if she wanted to be gentle, her voice needed time to get used to it.

"Please wait a bit. I know this sounds strange but you are not dreaming.

-But you don't exist, Astéria."

Hearing her name being said by that voice sent goosebumps all over her body.

"Listen to me, please. I don't know how it's possible but you come to me when you sleep."

Anita tilted her head and Astéria found this habit adorable.

"Could you stay here a bit longer this time?"

Anita was convinced she was sleeping but she wasn't the type to argue:

"I don't have a lot of time.

-Please..."

Astéria seemed so desperate that Anita frowned. Astéria didn't like her frown. She wanted Anita to do nothing but smile every day but she couldn't hold back from begging. She would do it on her knees if she had to. She didn't want to manipulate Anita like the others and didn't even think about it but she wouldn't hold back from convincing her:

"Please stay just a bit more."

A bit wasn't enough. She needed Anita forever but during that bit she could find the way to make her stay forever. Seeing Astéria that sad, Anita couldn't prevent herself from caressing her cheek. Astéria felt her cheek burn and didn't dare move, focused on the touch.

"Why do you seem so sad? Please don't look that sad. I can't take angst. You deserve to be happy and I want to see you smile so bad. Don't ever look that sad again, I beg you."

She put her other hand on the other cheek and Astéria forgot to breathe:

"You are an amazing person. You are so strong and so smart. Don't ever doubt yourself."

Anita started having a hard time keeping her eyes open and Astéria started panicking:

"No!"

Anita smiled:

"Everything is fine. I am just waking up.

-Please... No... Please..."

She needed something, anything:

"What's your name?"

Anita smiled and woke up. Every time she thought back of the tearful eyes of that badass woman, she felt her stomach turn around and she couldn't stop giggling. There must be something bad with her. How could she fall in love with a dream?

Anita didn't come back after that third time but Astéria had a plan and continued studying day and night to achieve it. No one knew what she was up to and word started going around that a wizard was up to no good. People were terrified of Astéria and even more of wizards. They had to do something but no one could stop her anymore and soon the hourglass got turned around. A new soul got attracted to this world and Astéria didn't let go of it for a second. Anita was finally in her grasp and she would never lose her.