Chapter 9

The next day I wanted to go out to sleep in the grass but was quickly found by the crown prince. I signed as he sat down next to me looking at the sky just as I did a few seconds before.

"You always liked the sky.

-And how do you know that?

-I have classes just next to this tree. It isn't the first time I saw you here and really liked your peaceful smile. I was quite jealous in fact.

-Of my smile?

-Yes. I had to go through neverending classes and never had the courage to do what I wanted. Yet you were outside and smiling as if you were exactly where you were supposed to be."

Alastair suddenly turned towards me and smiled:

"You are really brave."

I didn't like the way he said that sentence. Why did he pretend to know me so well? I felt bad but everything he did was horrible. I didn't know why but Orange was standing a few feet away with a plate in her hands. I jumped on the occasion to run away from Alastair and jumped up:

"There you are!"

I put my arm around Orange's shoulders and ran away with her. Alastair stared at us with cold eyes but I didn't have time for him.

"I am so happy you came. I really didn't have the energy to talk to him. And of course I am always happy to see you. What did you bring?"

Orange handed me the plate with a sweet smile. She loved to bake and cook for me and I loved to eat whatever she made. She was the best cook I ever met and I always jumped on her dishes. On the plate there were panda shaped cookies.

"That's adorable! I love it! Thank you so much!"

I kissed Orange on the cheek and didn't see how red she turned. I didn't have to bite into the cookie to know it was delicious but it was. I never ate such a delicious cookie in my entire life and I couldn't stop eating.

"Thank you so much, Angie. You are the best friend ever. I love your cookies. They are amazing."

Orange seemed very happy and she stared at me while I was eating. She loved feeding me for some reason but it was still awkward so I handed her the plate:

"Don't you want some too?"

She shook her head and handed me a cookie. Why did she like staring at me eating so much? I didn't understand but wasn't going to complain when I was getting free food.

"Yum. What did I do to deserve you?"

Orange said something but I didn't hear her.

"Anyway, are you ready for the sports festival?

-Yes. And you?

-Oh really? You seem confident, that's great! Of course you are going to be amazing. What did you sign up for?

-Swimming.

-Oh me too! Not only swimming but it's on my list.

-We can be together.

-Of course! But are you not sparring too? You are so good at it!

-I prefer not to join this year. It's too early.

-As you wish but I think you would be really good. Anyway, you should come see me spare.

-I would never miss that.

-Perfect. I am a bit stressed though. I know I am good but there are people who are better than me and even though I know that, it's still frustrating and I don't know if I am ready to lose to them.