Chapter 41

I was really excited about this play and told Orange about it as soon as I came home. She listened to me with a smile seeing that I couldn't hold back my excitement:

"Astéria is a genius! I knew that talking with her would be a good idea!"

Orange blushed for some reason but I was too excited to pay it attention.

"I don't know if we can do it in the remaining time but I am up for a challenge. I love acting and I love writing. This story is going to be the most beautiful and heartwarming love story of all time. What if it was about a gay couple?"

Orange froze.

"It could be two guys who live a forbidden love and this could be my first step towards changing this country's mores. Would the school let us do it? Of course not, it's a rich kids' school. But we could do it in secret and we could discover only the real gender of the main character at the very end.

-Must they be two guys?

-No, they could be two women or non-binary people. The idea is that it should be LGBTQIA+."

Orange of course had no idea what those letters meant.

"Or we could have a thrilling fairy tale where male and female roles are reversed. The woman could save the man from a dragon or something. I have so many ideas! We could also make a play with a wizard who after getting bullied by everyone saves the city and finally gets accepted."

Orange seemed surprised by my idea. This country having a problem with wizards was pure racism and I felt bad for Astéria. The book changed so much that we could do a play which had the same plot as the original story but with a happy ending for the main character. Maybe this way Astéria could understand that she could be happy even without revenge. It was a bit sad however. I loved revenge and people deserved to pay for what they did to her. Maybe she could have her happily ever after after she had her revenge.

"You always have the best ideas.

-I know, right? People will love our presentation and we will become famous."

I started laughing. I knew that I was exaggerating but it didn't matter. I talked to Orange about all my ideas for hours and the next few days I couldn't stay in place. In the morning Astéria greeted me as usual and I smiled at her brightly which made her cough and leave for some reason. The next second the teacher arrived and asked us about our ideas. I immediately turned to Astéria and she gestured to me that I could have the honor of raising my hand. Which I did.

People didn't seem very excited at the idea that Astéria had helped me find this idea but it was the best one we got therefore people voted for the play. The teacher seemed to really like it too despite having Astéria behind it and because of the lack of time we had to jump on the writing immediately. The teacher gave us time and we sat in a huge circle brainstorming what the story could be about. I immediately straightened up and said:

"It could be a romance with a young wizard girl who after being hurt finally finds people that really care about her and gets her happy ending."

I heard some giggles on my right and saw Iris's friends whisper something. I never talked to them and noticed that Iris wasn't with them today not knowing why. I only rolled my eyes ready to ignore them just how Azore told me to but one of them got very brave suddenly:

"Aren't you too old to like such childish stories? No one is going to watch that."

I really didn't care and just shrugged but the next second the girls went pale and I turned to where they were looking. However I only saw Astéria who smiled when our eyes met. It was weird but I didn't care and continued. What mattered was that they stopped talking.