Chapter 19

I never ran so fast in my entire life. I was feeling terribly ashamed and had to right my wrongs as fast as possible. I ran so fast that I almost crashed into five people. Every time I dodged at the last second but my chance couldn't keep on so well because the sixth person was too close for me to dodge again. I just closed my eyes and prepared for the crash yelling to the other person to look out. But for some reason I never fell. I just felt strong arms circle my hips and pull me to a soft surface. When I opened my eyes I saw familiar yellow eyes in front of me. I immediately recognised the female lead and felt my heart skip a beat.

I didn't remember ever seeing her from so close but for the first time in my life I understood the meaning of the word breathtaking. Even with a worried expression on her face she looked amazing. But why did she look so worried? I just almost crashed into someone. It wasn't anything serious. But seeing her eyes I couldn't shake a weird feeling. Sometimes she really reminded me of Orange. She was the only other person who would look so worried while I wasn't hurt at all.

I quickly got back to my senses and grabbed Astéria's shoulders ready to apologize immediately. However, the latter was still very worried and didn't give me time to talk:

"Are you okay? What happened? Did you sprain your ankle?"

I shook my head, not having time to say anything. Astéria wasn't listening to me anymore and was talking completely alone:

"Let's go to the infirmary. We should check your condition just in case.

-No, there's no need. I am fine. Nothing happened. I was just running too fast."

Astéria wasn't listening to me. She was panicking just as Orange did when she would see me bleed. I had to calm her and grabbed her face before pulling her close to me. Astéria immediately froze and she started changing colors. I was sure that she even stopped breathing which made me smile:

"I am fine. I just fell. Nothing happened."

She needed some time but she calmed her breathing. While she did I noticed that people were staring at us and gently pulled Astéria away. We hid in the same staircase as last time and I turned to Astéria worried:

"Are you feeling better?

-Yes. I am sorry I overreacted.

-No, it's fine. And I am the one who should apologize.

-You don't have to apologize for anything.

-I do. I am so sorry for what happened this morning. I talked to Orange and she told me about what was your real reason. I am so sorry I got worked up. I just got very angry when I heard that you didn't want to meet my friend. She is very important to me and I got sensitive. I am sorry. We could eat together any time, just the two of us. If you still want to of course.

-Yes. I would love to. I am sorry. I should have been honest from the beginning.

-It's not your fault. You know, Orange is very protective of me and she only wanted to help. I hope you didn't get hurt by what she said.

-I didn't. I understood actually. I know that at first I come off as cold and disdainful but I really wanted to get to know you. I completely understand why she had her doubts however."

I frowned before tilting my head:

"Why did you want to get closer to me?

-I just had this urge the second I saw you. I wanted to get to know you. But then you saved me so many times that I just genuinely wanted you to like me.

-I am grateful for your honesty.

-You can ask me anything."

I didn't believe her. Well, that wasn't completely true. I knew that she was just lying but despite everything I couldn't help feeling that she was being honest. Usually I always followed my gut but I read the book and knew the kind of person she was. I knew she needed me and was nice because of this but that was fine for now. I yelled at her and was scared that she would remember this later on. Apart from me feeling genuinely bad, I had to make her forgive me first and foremost.