Chapter 54

When I turned around I saw tears flowing down Astéria's face. I wasn't expecting this and almost fell.

"Astéria? Are you okay."

As I walked up to her, Astéria grabbed my arm and knelt down in front of me crying against my palm. I really didn't expect this and had no idea how to act.

"Astéria? What's wrong?

-Please... Please..."

Was she going to finally say the truth? Was it this painful for her? Why? Did she really not trust me at all? Did she think I would leave her if she did? What the hell was I thinking? Of course I should leave. She was the murderous female lead and she lied to me. Right? Who was I kidding? I had no idea what to do and even right now I wasn't scared of her. She seemed so sad that I knew I would immediately forgive her if she told me the truth right then.

"Please don't change for anyone. You are perfect."

I froze. Was this what it was about? She wasn't crying because she lied. She was crying because I said these things about myself. I should have felt touched but I was just angry. All of this for nothing. Was she never going to confess? I was fed up and felt all the buried anger break out.

"Get up."

Astéria immediately stopped crying and stood up, not letting go of my hand for a second. She was staring at her feet just like a child but I was too angry to find her cute:

"You don't want me to change for anyone?

-No...

-You think I am perfect the way I am.

-Yes...

-Then why don't you trust me?"

Astéria clenched her fist and suddenly looked up to me. Seeing my frown she swallowed loudly, her pupils shaking.

"I know the truth, Orange."

Astéria lost all her colors in a semi second and she opened her mouth to say something but i pulled my hand out of her grasp:

"Don't lie to me. Don't you dare lie to me. I saw you and Saber in the bathroom."

Astéria immediately understood what I was talking about and closed her mouth tightly.

"Saber knew and I had no idea.

-I...

-You lied to me for so long."

My blood was heating up more and more and my voice was going higher and higher:

"I gave you so many chances to tell me the truth and you just continued lying!

-Poehina...

-Even now you didn't tell me! You always chose to lie!

-I didn't lie...

-But you didn't tell the whole truth! That's just the same!

-I am sorry, I...

-I don't care anymore. It's too late for your explanations. You had what? 11 years to tell me? More? Or at least when we met at the debutante! I wish you had told me back then. But you didn't. You pretended to be two different people for months! Did you have fun making me look stupid?

-No! That's not what...

-Did you have fun seeing me worried about Astéria getting closer to me?

-No!

-It must have been so fun talking about me with Saber.

-I would never make fun of you! I was just terrified!