Chapter 58- Alastair's POV

The slap came suddenly but Alastair didn't even flinch anymore. He continued standing perfectly straight, his eyes fixated on his feet.

"How could you mess this up too?"

The King's face was bright red and his secretary touched his shoulder, worried:

"Your Highness, don't forget what the physician said. Your blood pressure..."

The secretary got pushed back violently and even fell to the ground:

"Stop ordering me around! My blood pressure is perfectly fine!"

However the King immediately started coughing and three people ran up to him, worried:

"Your Highness!

-Please calm down!

-Have some water!"

Even Alastair took a step forward but the way his father looked at him immediately made him stop.

"It's all because of that brat. Why do you have to do this to me? After everything I've done for you, you can't even keep a woman by your side. Don't look at me with those eyes!"

Alastair lowered his gaze again.

"I am sorry, Your Highness, but...

-What excuses are you going to give again? It is always excuses with you! Why can't you do something right for once?

-She doesn't want to get married to someone she doesn't love. I...

-Who cares about love? Royalty doesn't get married because of that. You get married because your fathers tell you to.

-But she doesn't change her mind...

-Of course she doesn't. Who would change their mind seeing a pitiful bastard like you? Who wouldn't want to get married to the Crown Prince?"

The King sighed:

"What did I do wrong? How could he be so messed up? Not even the princess wants to marry him. Even the blind one got a fiance."

His secretary immediately stepped closer:

"You didn't do anything wrong, Your Majesty. You raised them perfectly.

-I know, I did. I have been nothing but good to them and they repay me by being handicapped and by repulsing women."

Another sigh.

"I give you two days. That's your last chance. Don't you dare come back here without your fiance if you don't want to be punished again."

The King turned around ready to leave but Alastair couldn't take it anymore:

"She won't change her mind!"

The King turned back surprised. It was the first time for Alastair to talk back to him and he wasn't happy:

"What did you say?"

Alastair lost his composure but he had to keep going now that he started:

"She won't change her mind, Your Highness. She... I talked to her already and she doesn't want to get married. Nothing will convince her...

-Did you just say that you couldn't do it?"

The King started walking dangerously towards Alastair:

"What then? Are you going to leave her be?

-She doesn't want to...

-Oh she doesn't want to?"

He turned back towards his followers: