Chapter 73

While I was calming down I could see Angie's eyes alternate between red and golden.

"Please don't ever hurt yourself."

I couldn't answer even if I wanted to because my brain was out of oxygen.

"Please promise me. I will get very mad if you do."

I had to quickly nod because I could feel Angie getting mad again.

"How could you ever try hurting yourself? You should never feel pain."

I didn't think that me pointing a sword at myself would be so shocking for her and I grabbed her collar before pulling her back towards me:

"You lied to me and I wanted to hurt myself. We are even."

The next second I kissed her and I felt Angie sigh against my lips:

"I can't win against you."

She was saying this but I was the one suffocating! Angie was sucking on my tongue for what felt like hours and I couldn't even feel that muscle anymore. It was tingling and I thought that it would ache tomorrow. Angie didn't seem ready to stop and it felt as if I was being eaten alive. I couldn't even swallow my saliva anymore and I could feel it flowing out. This would have disgusted me usually but I had other things to care about at that moment. For example finally figuring out how to breathe through my nose.

I had completely given up on my body at this point and only clung to Angie with all my strength but I didn't expect to be interrupted by an outraged voice on my right:

"What is going on here?"

I didn't have time to hear more because the next second Angie let go of my body with her left hand and extended it towards the voice. What I heard next was a huge detonation and Angie immediately put her hand back on my waist, pretending as if nothing happened. However this reminded me that we were at school and that people must have alerted professors seeing me with that sword. I gently tapped Angie's shoulder and the latter needed two seconds to snap out of it. When she pulled back her eyes were fluorescent silver and I didn't even have time to say anything because seeing the saliva on my face, she started licking my face.

I felt goosebumps all over my body and felt shy for the first time since the beginning:

"Why do you have to always do this?"

I didn't know if Angie could hear me at this point and seeing her bend towards me again forced me to block her lips with my hands.

"We are at school, Angie. We should stop now."

Angie looked at me with empty eyes. It seemed she couldn't understand the link between my two sentences.

"A couple making out in the middle of a busy corridor at noon is embarrassing.

-I see."

Angie was only answering to be polite but she wasn't listening at all and I could feel her bend closer even with my hands blocking her lips.

"Angie?

-Yes?"

She wasn't snapping out of it at all and her eyes were still the same silver as when she was kissing me. I had no idea what was going on in her head but it must not have been recommended for people under 18.

While I was thinking about what to say, Angie pulled my hands away and went back to kissing me with the same intensity as before. Now that I realized where we were, I felt rather uncomfortable making out with her here. I knew how disgusted I was when I saw couples making out in public and I had to push Angie back again:

"Stop kissing me."

Angie finally woke up and her eyes suddenly turned green:

"Did you not like it? I'm so sorry. Did I make a mistake? I will be better next time I promise."

I quickly shook my head:

"No, you were perfect. I really liked it. But we shouldn't be doing this here."

I looked around the corridor and noticed that there was a new wall where the voice came from a few minutes before. Apart from that wall, all the doors and windows disappeared and we were standing in a rectangle without any exit. Seeing me confused made Angie smile:

"Did you think that I would let anyone see you like this?"

I couldn't help laughing:

"Were you always this possessive?"

Angie flinched and I quickly added:

"I am very possessive too, don't worry.

-Then can we continue?"

I rubbed her hair with a smile. How could she be so cute?

"No, we should go to class."

Angie started pouting and she didn't let me go immediately:

"Do we have to?

-Yes, but don't worry. We are dating now so we can make out at any time."

Angie blushed and finally let me down. However she didn't let go of my hand for a second and I could almost feel my skin burn because of how much she was staring at me. Her eyes didn't calm down for the whole day and seeing her with golden eyes made our classmates uncomfortable. Angie however was way too happy to notice them and every time our eyes met she would beam.

Everything had happened so suddenly and we had gone by so many feelings that I didn't even have time to fully grasp everything Angie had told me. We went from me confessing by mistake to Angie getting more angry than ever and finally us making out for what felt like hours. And all of this only because I got my period today. Just thinking about it made me laugh and hearing me happy, Angie laughed too. She didn't know what I was thinking about but she didn't have to. Seeing me happy was enough for her. She was so adorable.

I understood why Angie had been so preoccupied and self conscious but I couldn't see how any of this should have made me mad. Maybe it was just me being madly in love for the first time but I just felt flattered and highly touched. Who else could brag about the almighty female lead learning magic just to get her crush in her world? I felt really special and also a little guilty. Angie had said that I had saved her and that she owed me more than she could repay however I still didn't feel that way. All I could see was how much Angie did for me.

Hearing my thoughts made me sigh. Were we going to be the annoying couple that overflowed with love? No, we were attractive until now, right? Apart from making out in the middle of a busy corridor and that was only because Angie was getting mad. I had to act. Moreover people couldn't see us so it didn't count either.

"Anita."

After class Angie immediately came up to my desk. It seemed she was set on calling me by my real name and hearing her do so, our classmates frowned. They seemed to think that this was a nickname that Angie gave me the way I called her Angie and they must have been very surprised seeing us all close after hearing about our fight in the corridor. I didn't know how much they saw but what I knew was that rumors were spreading quickly and at this hour I couldn't even imagine how distorted they got. I didn't even care and followed Angie home while holding her hand.