Chapter 79- Saber's POV

Astéria and Poehina disappeared as quickly as the unconscious guards. Saber got so surprised that she blinked three times before she understood that she was alone. She should have seen it coming. Now that they were in the honeymoon phase, Saber knew that it would be harder than ever to spend time with her friends. She didn't even have time to congratulate them for finally being together. Saber needed to grab Poehina one day and tell her about all the panic attacks Astéria got. Once Poehina noticed how crazy her girlfriend was, Saber could also tell her about all the murders they almost committed.

"Wait!"

This meant that Saber was finally on a vacation! She didn't have to run after Astéria and make sure that she wouldn't do something bad. Now that she had a fiancé, it was Poehina's role. This made Saber sigh happily:

"Poor Poehina. She won't have a second of peace starting from now. She has no idea how obsessive Astéria really is."

Saber decided that she would come back the next day to spend time with the girls but until then she needed to give them some space so Astéria could eat Poehina up. Saber turned around ready to leave but she stopped in her tracks when she noticed something on the ground. She walked up to where one of the bodies had been laying before Astéria took care of them and crouched down.

"Wow..."

Saber had never seen such a beautiful sword in her entire life. It wasn't the type of sword usually used by knights of this Empire and judging by the quality, the knight who possessed it must have been very rich. Saber couldn't leave this here. She didn't care who this sword belonged to. It was hers now.

She walked out of the mansion not looking away from her finding once. She was so subjugated by it that she completely forgot that someone was waiting for her in front of the carriage and jumped when a hand got extended towards her. Saber looked up and frowned seeing that Sverre kept his word and waited for her.

"Did you have fun with your friends?"

Saber looked at Sverre's hand and got on the carriage, ignoring him.

"Yes."

She gave up on playing the lovey-dovey fiancé and now that Sverre was sticking to her, she did her best to be unpleasant. She never thought that Sverre would start being nice to her and needed to go back to how things had been before. Was he acting this way because he recognized Saber from the black alley? But why didn't he say anything? And why would this change him so much? Did he find Saber interesting now that he knew she wasn't a fragile young woman? No matter what answers Saber came up with, she liked none of them. She only needed to stay for a few more months and then she would leave. She didn't have time or any desire to be on good terms with Sverre.

"I am glad to hear that. You sounded very close to them.

-Did I?

-Yes."

Sverre laughed for some reason:

"It was very entertaining when you talked about them getting married."

Hearing this made Saber suddenly straighten up:

"Why would it be entertaining? Is the thought of two women getting married funny to you? Why wouldn't they be able to get married? Their love is just as beautiful as any other. It is even more beautiful than any love story I ever heard about. You have no idea what Astéria went through just to be close to Poehina. She would die for her. And Poehina loves her with just the same intensity. Maybe not the same level of terrifyingness but she loves her just the same. They are going to be very happy together and I am sure that they will love each other until the very end. People will talk about their wedding for years and I want to be there and to make it the most beautiful memory they have. Do you have a problem with this?"

Sverre quickly shook his head and now that he could finally talk he said:

"It isn't what I meant. I am sorry if I didn't express myself correctly. I meant that you sounded very cute because you were very excited about them getting married.

-Oh..."

Saber felt kind of ashamed now that she screamed on the Prince for no reason.

"I don't care that two women are getting married. I believe that everyone should be able to marry the person their heart desires. Be it any gender."

Saber pinched her lips knowing that she needed to apologize. But she didn't like the idea at all. She did want to act unpleasant to make Sverre dislike her anyway so maybe not apologizing was for the best.

"You better think that way."

Against all odds, this made Sverre smile:

"Did my answer earn me some points in your eyes?

-You shouldn't say things just to please me. I don't care about what you think.

-Is that so? But you seemed rather inflamed when you believed that I was bothered by your friends getting married."

Saber frowned. She didn't like how confident Sverre was becoming as days went by.

"Do you have a problem with that?"

Sverre quickly shook his head:

"Not at all. I am just glad that I get to know you better.

-You don't need to know me.

-But I really wish to. If I may ask you a question: what made you like that sword enough to steal it?"

Saber froze and hid the sword behind her back despite it being useless. Sverre couldn't see it anyway. So how did he know that she had a sword in her hands? Was his hearing that good? If so, did Sverre really recognize her voice from the black alley? Then why didn't he ask anything?

"I didn't steal it. I found it."

Sverre laughed:

"Next time you can ask me to get you such a sword. If you tell me what you like about it I could order hundreds of them for you.

-Did I ask you to?

-Unfortunately no.

-Then don't do something you weren't asked to.

-I see. I am sorry if I got a bit ahead of myself."

Saber couldn't take it anymore:

"Why are you acting like this?

-Like what?

-You went from ignoring me completely to being a total victim. Why are you acting all pitiful?

-I am sorry if I ignored you at the beginning. It was never my intention to hurt you.

-Why else would you ignore me?

-I'm sorry... I really am. I didn't know that it was you.

-What is that supposed to mean?"

Sverre took a deep breath:

"I had only one friend my whole life. I cared about her more than anyone else."

Saber immediately understood who he was talking about and she quickly cut him off:

"You know what, it's not important. Continue ignoring me."

This didn't seem to please Sverre.

"I cannot do that, I'm sorry. You can ask me anything else.

-No. I don't want anything else from you."

Saber glared at Sverre before adding:

"I don't understand how the girls could think about making you King.

-They wanted to make me King?

-Yes. Apparently you would be a better choice than Alastair.

-What do you think?

-Me? I think that you should stop playing the victim. Start living your life as if it's worth living and leave me alone.

-I see."