Chapter 36

My head hurt a lot when I woke up. I was used to migraines so it didn't hurt that much but I was taken aback by that sudden pain. As soon as I moved I felt my whole skull explode and I had to wait a few seconds for the feeling to subside. I pressed down on my forehead to help ease the pain and as I moved I felt someone near me. I opened my eyes and needed a few minutes to get used to the darkness. I didn't really need to see to recognise Orange and knew it was her by her smell. I was used to sleeping with her in my arms and just hid my face in her chest to protect my head from further pain. Against all odds, I did feel better and I signed happily.

It seemed that Orange was awake too and feeling me move she rubbed my head:

"Are you okay? I prepared medicine for your head."

I had a problem speaking because my throat was burning.

"I prepared water too."

Orange was ready to get everything but I stopped her from moving feeling my skull split at every movement:

"I'm fine. It doesn't hurt like this."

I could feel Orange shaking but she pulled me closer and didn't insist on the water anymore. As long as I was in her arms I could feel my migraine subsiding and disappeared more and more into Orange's arms. Her scent was so calming that I just inhaled it with a smile. Orange had this unique scent of something between coconut, orange, and hibiscus and I knew I would be able to recognise it with my eyes closed. Feeling this familiar scent, I felt all my muscles relax and my heart warm up. At that moment it was so cozy that I realized that I never wanted to sleep alone again. Why was it so much better to sleep in someone's arms? We had slept next to each other for years but at first we just slept on the same bed without touching each other. It was a huge bed so I said I didn't mind because I liked having my space. But now I was completely on Orange's side and I had no intention of moving back. When did we become so close? When did I start hugging Orange all the time? When did she start sleeping in my arms? We became slowly closer and it was as if my place was between Orange's arms. When you were looking for a comfortable position for hours and finally found the one not daring to move a single inch.

Usually Orange would be the one sleeping in my arms and I liked that too. She was adorable when she would curl up in my arms like a little kitten but because I said that I needed my own space, she never dared lay on me too much. Now that I was completely embraced by her arms, it was a hundred times better. However I still liked it when Orange bent down to hug me around the waist. Me being in her arms or her being in mine was both very different and very cozy in their own way.

"Did you have fun last night?"

I had almost forgotten where we were because I couldn't see Orange's face. Now that Orange was talking I could feel her chest vibrate and it was fun. Noticing that I also noticed that her breathing was slow and less than usual. She didn't inhale completely scared that she would disturb me and that was adorable. I really wanted to tease her. I didn't want to make her cry but it was stronger than me. A little joke would be fine right? She wouldn't cry if I didn't say I was hurt.

"Why is your breathing so weird?"

As I was talking I looked up and my face was inches from Orange's. I couldn't see her well but I could guess her mouth and saw her eyes shining through the night. Now that I was so close to her, I could feel her breath on my lips but the latter even stopped for a second, surprised by my proximity. As usual, Orange went all shy judging by her arms stiffening around my body but she still didn't retreat. I started getting curious. What would be too much for her? Wanting to know, I continued pulling her closer and closer. I didn't see it but I could feel Orange's cheeks getting hotter and hotter.