Chapter 3

I don't want to die. At least not right now being way too young. But how young am I anyway? A few days ago I was still a 21 year old girl but one day I just opened my eyes and found myself in the body of a 5 year old. So was I still 16? Or was I 5 years old? No that couldn't be! I didn't want to do everything over again. School was horrible but I always thought that it was okay to do it once and then never have to do it again. When I saw children going home from school I thought to myself: thank god I don't have to go through it again. But now I had to! I never thought reincarnation was real and didn't want it to be either. I was happy with living and then dying but why was I another person now?

The life of a 5 year old was terribly boring. I couldn't go anywhere alone because people were too afraid that I would hurt myself or get lost or even kidnapped. They were right but I wanted them to leave me alone. I was a grown woman. Well, at least I used to be one. A very happy one nonetheless. I wasn't someone famous or important but I had my little daily routine and I followed it thoroughly. I had a lot of friends and didn't really miss them but wanted to go back to see them anyway. Who was going to pay for my apartment while I was here? I couldn't wait to open my eyes and see my old room but unfortunately it never happened.

Day after day I woke up in this small body and was forbidden to do anything interesting. People weren't even nice to me. They were as polite as you would be to someone who pays you but I felt that they couldn't care less about what happened to me. I hated being a child over anything. I needed my space and independence. During those boring days I nonetheless discovered some things about this boring body. Her name was Poehina and she was the daughter of the Duke of the south that I never saw because he was away for the moment doing who knows what a Duke did.

The name of this body was familiar but I didn't realize it immediately. Maybe it was the boredom but it took me a few days to glue the pieces together. Everything fell into place slowly. I transmigrated into a book! This was a very interesting novel that started as a simple romance but then became something much darker. I started reading it to read something I didn't have to think hard about and what was easier to read than a romance? The story was full of roses and sentiments and I never would have started it if I wasn't in that mood. But I was very glad to have started it because the end of the book changed everything. The story that started as a cliché romance soon became a blood bath. We discovered that nothing was as it seemed and it became an amazing story of revenge. I read it hundreds of times and considered it one of my comfort books. However when I was reading it, I wasn't reading it from beginning to end and only read my favorite chapters and paragraphs.

Even though it sounded impossible, that's where I was: in a book. The first book which was a romance between the male lead, Alastair and the female lead Astéria. The female lead was the hidden child of the emperor abandoned because of the color of her eyes and had been sent to the Duke to grow up without anyone knowing the truth. Alastair on the other hand was the fiancé of Poehina and the first love of Astéria. They would meet in college and it would be love at first sight. Unfortunately life wasn't that easy for them, it wouldn't be fun that way. Who would read a book without any hiccups?

In fact, Poehina didn't know Astéria was a princess. Astéria and Poehin were both Duchesses and at every gathering Poehina spent her time tormenting Astéria who didn't retaliate for years because she didn't see Poehina as a threat. Therefore, Poehina tormented the poor girl for years but would soon regret it. This abuse continued during college and got even worse when Poehina discovered that her fiance was in love with Astéria. Was Poehina in love with Alastair? According to my friend who I told the story about, Poehina was a poor child who had been neglected and who didn't know anything about human relations. She believed that Poehina really liked Alastair and felt inferior to Astéria therefore tormenting her the way she did. This wasn't an excuse but it helped us understand her actions. Which was still pitiful and I knew what I was talking about because I was in her body. I wouldn't put that much energy into a human being. Never. I felt repulsed by the villainess. Who would go mad over love? It wasn't worth it at all. Apart if it was in a book and the male lead was obsessing over the female lead. But this wasn't fiction anymore.