Chapter 30

I tried pushing her away but she wasn't budging and I could feel her press against my back. I had nothing against touching Orange but waking me up so early in the morning was something completely else. If it had been someone else I would have killed them already but I couldn't get mad at Orange. Deep down I knew that she had a reason so I only focused on falling back asleep. However, Orange wasn't letting me. She pulled me even closer and rubbed her face against my neck:

"I am sorry but we have to wake up. It's almost noon and you have to eat."

Her hands were on my stomach and I could feel her fingers slowly moving up and down to help me wake up. I tried wiggling out of her arms but started getting frustrated seeing that it didn't work. How was she so strong? I tried arching my back and pushing her away with my butt but her hands prevented me from doing so and held me straight and close to her. I then tried pushing her hands away but they weren't moving either. Therefore I decided to change my approach and I turned around and hugged Orange back while laying down on her. Orange therefore had to lay on her back instead of her side and I pressed her down on the bed, my left ear on her heart. I was way too sleepy to notice how quickly it was beating and hearing her heart, I started to fall back asleep. I loved continuous sounds.

"Poehina... I know that you hate being woken up and I am sorry but Prissy already came three times. You have to eat something before the ball. You are going to be hungry."

Hearing her talk, I couldn't sleep anymore and I frowned:

"Then I won't eat."

Orange who didn't dare touch me before put her hands back on my body and started gently rubbing my back with one hand and my hair with the other:

"What if you faint? They brought our meals here. You just have to sit up and eat."

I just shook my head slowly fighting to go back to sleep. Orange continued caressing my body trying to prevent me from going back asleep. Unfortunately it was working because I started feeling sleep slipping away and my senses slowly came back to me. I started smelling the food and hearing what was going on around us. I heard other people in the room and even heard a new person come in. I didn't know who it was but I heard the footsteps get closer and the next second I suddenly felt cold. That person had ripped the cover off me and I curled up against Orange shivering. I hate cold. I despise cold.

I started looking for the cover but seeing me doing so, the newcomer lost patience:

"You should get up now, young mistress. It is not well mannered for a princess to wake up that late. And a princess shouldn't sleep on someone else so shamelessly."

I had no idea who was talking to me. She must have been a new and young maid judging by her voice and I was sure that we had never met. She must have been sent by Prissy because I took so long to wake up but hearing her ordering me around was unacceptable. If I hadn't been cold, I would have snapped back right away. I didn't mind different opinions and to get advice from someone but orders drove me crazy. I put my anger aside and focused on finding the covers with my eyes still closed.

I didn't have to find them myself because someone suddenly put them back on my body. I signed happily and curled back against Orange's neck.

"Young mistress. What are you doing?"

I thought the maid wasn't done with the nagging and would rip the cover off my body again but her voice suddenly disappeared. I didn't mind at all but was surprised and finally opened my eyes to look around. The maid was sitting on the floor for some reason, her eyes wide open. I took a better look at her despite my eyes being still half closed and confirmed that I had no idea who she was. She had short brown hair that she attached in braids and a lot of freckles. She looked way too cute for the cold voice from before. Maybe she had just been very stressed out by her first day. It happened to everyone. Now that I wasn't cold anymore I didn't mind. At the end of the day, she had no order to give me and I would sleep as much as I wanted.