Chapter 62- Saber's POV

I had been so busy with Astéria lately that I had completely forgotten about why I was here in the first place. Fortunately Poehina and Astéria seemed to have made up and I could finally get some vacation from their relationship. Poehina was way better than me at keeping Astéria in check and I literally thought that I would grab her and tell her everything before dragging her to Astéria while they were on bad terms. Who would have thought that Poehina would go that hard on Astéria? If anyone dared to do one hundredth of what she did to her, Astéria would have already killed them. But I wasn't surprised anymore. Astéria was obsessed with Poehina and the latter could do anything to Astéria without the latter getting mad.

It was so obvious that the two of them had feelings for each other that I wondered if I should say something for a second but Poehina could take care of this too. I thought that Astéria would stay in a one sided crush forever but it seemed she would get her happily ever after in the end. Was I jealous? Not really. I was happy for my friends and needed some time away from them but I had to admit that I was envious. The two of them found someone who would die for them any second while all I had was a fake fiance who seemed exhausted at the idea of talking to me. Moreover, he was the same person who completely ignored me when I left his side as a child. Not that he knew about it but I did. I sighed. Why couldn't I get someone who loved me that much too?

"What is making you sigh, boss?"

I had completely forgotten that I wasn't alone and turned to Bane:

"Nothing. What were you saying?"

Bane went back to talking and I needed to make a big effort to focus on what he was saying. I always worked with Bane, Mitch and Icas and the four of us were used to way more difficult tasks than the one we had that night. Being bored by our task, I just couldn't bring myself to pay attention.

"Boss?

-Yes, yes. The target is tall and blond, he has a cicatrice on his face. We go in, we kill him, we leave."

I stood up:

"Anything else?"

They didn't add anything and followed me out of the tavern. Our target was a gang leader that needed to be dealt with. It wasn't our first time doing something of the sort but once there, I noticed that there were way more people than planned. We got separated from the boys and I found myself alone against a crowd. At this point it was a crowd. Fortunately everything went well and our target got shot down. Once everyone was under control, I looked around looking for the boys but noticed that they weren't there. They were nowhere to be found and I started getting angry. Did they just abandon me? Where did they go? I felt my blood boil. If they didn't have a good reason for disappearing, I was going to kill them. They weren't bad people but I wasn't going to work with them much longer. I was way better on my own. Whose idea was it to drag me down with those idiots?

I finally spotted them and jumped down from the roof angry:

"Where the hell were you three?

-Boss!"

The boys started fidgeting and I was too angry to notice the fourth person immediately:

"Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you? I had to do everything on my own! Why would you engage in this profession if you can't stay in place? You are cowards. Why the hell would I babysit you? I'm done. I've already babysitted enough people for a lifetime. It's over. Don't ever work with me again."

I started feeling my cheeks heating up because of all the yelling and I finally stopped, feeling my throat dry up.

"We are sorry, boss...

-We were fighting but then we dragged him into this whole mess without wanting to."

I looked up to the person they had designated: