Chapter 7

A few days passed. I concentrated on class and Astéria on the other hand was not listening openly or was staring at me. She wasn't glaring at me the way she was at other people at least that's what I thought but I was sure I was just imagining things. I even felt like she was smiling at me which was more terrifying. I liked having a daily routine and slowly found it. Astéria was the cold celebrity of the school and you could feel the air grow cold wherever she went. She was imposing and I couldn't relax because she was in every single one of my classes. What could I tell her? It was normal for her to follow me. Just as did other students. Speaking of them, I started talking to the people in my class. I was good at making friends and soon I knew everyone's name. Of course there were some annoying people in my class but most of them were nice for now. When I wasn't hanging out with my class I was looking for Orange. She didn't make any friends in her class unfortunately but she wasn't being bullied so everything was fine. When Orange wasn't around I quickly started disappearing to the library I loved being surrounded by books. That was when I finally felt at ease. Orange knew that very well and came to the library if she wanted to find me. I needed to have my time alone but Orange was the only one who didn't bother me. I needed breaks from others. Some people understood that I didn't like company but the majority of them loved to levitate around me to stay in my good graces. Those were the annoying ones. Astéria wasn't stuck to me at least but she was always close and I didn't know how to feel about this.

Contrary to what I thought, I kind of liked school. The subjects in my last life were very different from the ones taught here and in the first weeks I listened very intently during each class. On the other hand, Astéria couldn't snore more loudly. She didn't really sleep, her back always straight as a pole but she never listened either. Why did she still come to class? She frustrated our teachers incredibly. She was constantly punished but still managed to have perfect grades therefore no one could say anything. As for myself, I always had the best marks in the class and everyone complimented me which felt nice despite me wanting it to. Most of them were nice but as I said some of them were just being hypocrites and I hated how they used only to get closer to me. I loved honesty and hated it when people pretended to be nice. I almost wanted to have bad grades just because of this and started getting bored of classes.

"You are really amazing, princess.

-You always have the best grades."

Why couldn' they leave me alone? It made me want to run away even from the nice people so I could be alone. I glared at them but didn't have time to speak because everyone went suddenly silent. Astéria passed us and everyone froze. When there were too many people around me, Astéria sometimes came to my desk just like now and stared at people for a few seconds or just walked past immediately. We never really interacted except for these moments. I always disappeared in the library or to eat with Orange so these were the only interactions we had. She never did anything anyway so why be so tense? She was really imposing and I knew what she was capable of but she didn't do anything wrong.

Being a true female lead, Astéria really stood out doing anything. She was smart, gorgeous and so unbothered by everyone. She didn't have to listen to have good grades and she was really charismatic. But she was the coolest during sparring class. She had huge talent and people started to admire her for it. At the beginning no one dared to approach her because of her aura but now more and more dared to talk to her during breaks. She never answered to anyone and they soon gave up. I was really good at sparring too and was actually the one teaching Orange in my free time. I loved being the one who taught and I loved knowing how good I was but I just realized how attractive a strong woman was. I started staring at Astéria more and more and I didn't even realize when our eyes suddenly met. I jumped and looked away hearing her laugh. Did I just imagine things? Did she just laugh?