No longer at your beck and call

The moment their eyes met, Shaman's eyes shook, his hands literally trembled for a second, it was as if the world seemed to stop for him and he paused in his tracks. Katherine beside also paused after him and noticed his expression, she found he was looking in a particular direction, she also followed her gaze. 

She found Abel standing not far from them and not just standing but looking so gorgeous that Katherine chewed her jaw. At first she was also shocked but in the next second she tightened her hold on Shaman, Shaman also felt her grip and composed himself before resuming his pace. They reached the sitting area and our head welcomed them warmly, Shaman had been widely mentioned someone ruthless but today seeing him acting so gently and warmly towards his wife would change everyone's perspective of him. He had pulled chair for Katherine before seating himself and after some small talk he himself poured water for her, witnessing al this something cracked inside Abel. She thought there was nothing more to break inside her heart but she was wrong just how much did she love him to feel this again. She had already clenched her hands but now she was digging her nails in her palm and she was sure there will be small bruises afterwards but she didn't cared as the pain in her heart was much more intense than any physical pain. 

Abel's pov

Our head introduced our team and now it was my time to get started as i was the assistant so i had to be present at all times, she spoke, "Hello, I am Rose, an assistant for your interview session". Shaman simply nodded but enunciated her name in his mind "Rose" while Katherine spoke, "Hello Rose, you look quite beautiful". Abel smirked and replied, Thankyou but you are the stunner yourself", she smiled and hooked her arms with Shaman's more intimately as if I was going to seduce her husband. I started my work by handing the scripts that I specially prepared for today to my lead and took a seat in the crew area. 

Our team started with some small introductions and went on with questions I prepared, they answered everything meticulously and it was time for the end of the session with one last question, he asked, "Mr. Shaman, have you ever regretted anything in your life?" 

There was a pause and everyone was silent and I felt a gaze on me and somehow I knew who it belonged to and so i shifted my gaze from the lead to Shaman, he held my gaze for sometime then turned towards Katherine and spoke, "There is none because everything I have done has eventually led to the love of my life so it was worth it". With his answer, the interview came to an end, everyone applauded for them and I got my answer that I was waiting for. 

I was helping the editing team when I heard Katherine's voice, "I would like to invite you all for a dinner as to thank you guys for always helping in maintaining my public profile so you all are invited". Everybody was happy and cheering for them but only I knew what this horrible woman was trying to do. I was still busy working when I heard my name being called and so I looked up to find Katherine speaking to me, "Miss Rose I would especially like to invite you to this dinner as i came to know you were the one who prepared the questions today". She was smiling so sweetly as if she was the most kind and innocent woman in the world and before I could answer my lead spoke, "Oh! sorry ma'am but Rose is officially on leave after this interview and she had already asked before coming to the city and in fact her husband might be on his way to fetch her". 

I made an apologetic face to her and turned around to resume my work and soon they left the place, I sighed in relief and bade goodbye to my colleagues as I was in a hurry to reach my destination. I was walking in the corridors when someone grabbed my elbow and dragged me to a room and before I could scream a hand was firmly place on my mouth. I locked eyes with the man I had loved like hell in my life, he was there standing so close to me, I could feel his breathe over my face, smell his cologne but now I hate this man with my entire being. My hands were on his chest but i could care less about that, I kicked him in his shin and shoved hard, he immediately kneeled before me grabbing his private parts. He yelled, "Abel" nearly breaking my ear drums but I laughed at him and spoke, "How dare you touch me? Huh? I didn't expect this from you Mr. Shaman, i thought you truly loved the love of your life but here you are harassing a girl who has no connections with you". 

He didn't expect this from me and it was all written over his face and after some smoothening he stood before me and spoke, "Do you know what you just did?" I spoke indifferently, "Yes, kicked a pervert", he came for me but I dodged while speaking, "If you dare lay your hands on me again, i swear you will never be able to use your jewels anymore" and he stopped. Phew! 

When he was calming himself, I was on the door opening it when I heard, "Who is your husband?" I didn't turned but replied, "None of your business", again heard, "Come to the dinner", I replied, "Not at your beck and call anymore" and left.