We Know

Shaman directly went inside his gym room, took out his shirt and started hitting the punching bag bare-handedly, soon enough his knuckles became bloodied but if he felt pain, his face didn't show it. This was the only torture he could think of for himself right now and surely enough he was getting exhausted, finally his knees hit the ground and sweat was dripping from his face, chest, stomach, and everywhere. He briefly closed his eyes, trying to remember Abel's smiling face but he could only come with a sad, tormented, and crying face. Clenching his hands, he huffed and started breathing furiously before collapsing on the floor and loosing consciousness. 

In the morning after breakfast Lia made her children sit on the sofa while she kneeled before them and Luke seated across from them, the children knew something big was going to happen because their mother's face looked sad so they kept quiet and waited for their mother to speak. Lia was thinking all night as to how she would reveal the truth to her children, they were both smart and she knew she wouldn't be able to hold the truth from them for too long and with her decision to move back, she had to explain everything to them. 

She took a deep breath and spoke, "Luke is not your biological father" after speaking, she waited with berated breath for them to protest, argue, or cry but they appeared calm as if the truth was known all along. She glanced back at Luke who had the same astonished look like her as if they didn't expect the children to look so calm. After a while Elli spoke, "We know daddy is not our real father". Lia stumbled back her ass hitting the ground as if she had been pushed, she alternated her eyes at her children before asking, "How did you know? This time it was Ceciliy who replied, "Mommy we have seen other couples here who are different around each, they kiss all the time, hug all the time, love each other and sleep together but you two aren't like that, even when you sleep with daddy, you keep pillows between and you only hug daddy when we are around or when necessary". 

Lia was not breathing now, she shivered, it was clear she never would have guessed in her wildest dreams that her kids new everything, she thought she had played the wife role well but it seemed she didn't do well, so she wasn't a good wife to Luke, that man who sacrificed so many things for her, she hadn't done anything in return, she started shaking furiously and felt a panic attack. Luke hurriedly made his way to her, asked Elli to bring water while he coaxed Lia while caressing her back, he whispered softly, "Look at me Lia, you are everything, i could ever dream of so don't demean yourself, you have always been a good wife, a good mother and above all you are a good person so don't think you did anything wrong dear. Love can't be forced and we have to be patient for it to happen so don't worry, you are more than enough for me and the kids". Elli passed him the glass and he placed it to her lips, slowly she took small sips and her eyes focused on him and then her kids, Ceciliy caressed her cheek and spoke, "Mommy, we love you" Lia smiled and looked at Elli who was holding her hand gently and looking at his mother with so much affection and in this moment she knew she had everything in her life she could ever ask for.