Too Much Of a Coincidence

Lia still had her head bowed when she heard a familiar voice and looked up to find the unmatched intense eyes staring at her, she fell two-step backwards in disbelief because there in front of her was the man who had tormented her half of her life. She looked around her and construed immediately that he was the director of this very company, where she got the job. Seeing her shocked reaction, her HR stood beside her and spoke, "Sir, she is the new intern i talked about, very hard-working and an unmatched talent Lia" she turned to Lia and introduced her to him, "He is our director Mr. Shaman and you will be working as his assistant from now onwards". Shaman extended his hand for Lia but she was looking at him like she is watching an alien, her HR coughed then, she came out of her shock and quickly shook his hand and hurriedly greeted, "Its nice to meet you director Shaman" and snatched her hand back. It was apparent to everyone that she was uncomfortable around the director but they thought it might be because she is new and he looks a bit scary in appearance. Seeing her looking so anxious, Shaman excused himself to his cabin, he knew she would dislike him more if he continued looking at her, it was his way of cutting her some slack. 

Meanwhile, Lia was still stupefied, never in her wildest dreams she could have guessed this situation, it was a well known fact that Shaman owned many multi national companies but for her to get a job at the same company was too much of a coincidence for her. She was ready to quit her job at the very moment but, she took a pause and thought, "Why would she, always be the one to look for escapes when she never did anything wrong" it was now getting on her nerves so she quietly sat back at her seat and started organizing the files to meet her new boss. 

Shaman's cabin had one-way see-through glass windows and he was watching Lia like a Hawk so when he saw her abruptly getting ready to march in the HR's direction, he felt a pang in his heart, the disappointment was too much to bear but he didn't want to miss any opportunity of looking at her. He was waiting for her to storm out, but, she didn't walk away from her cubicle instead she sat down and started organizing the files, once sorted, she glanced at his window and got up, and was now walking towards him or his cabin, his heart was now pounding and he tried calming himself by drinking a glass of water in big gulps. It felt like he was meeting his crush for the very first time but reality couldn't be more different.