Who's The Man

It was a bright morning when Lia woke up, she stretched her arms and walked to the window, looking outside, she felt fresh, it was smoothening, she looked around and saw Luke still asleep, so without disturbing him, she went inside their shared bathroom. After getting ready, she walked in her kids room to wake them up, they were going to start school from today onwards so, she wanted them to be on time. When she walked inside, her son was already awake and preparing his backpack, she walked up to him and spoke, "You are early dear, did you sleep well? He replied, "Yes mom, i had a nice sleep, now i am going to get ready, please wake Cecily up". She nodded and kissed his forehead before waking her daughter, Cecily was a little stubborn child but she always obeyed her parents. 

They all walked inside the elevator as it was everyone's first day in the society, Luke was going to be resuming his work after so long, Lia would start working at this new company, while the kids would be starting school. Lia had double-checked everything for them but she was still nervous as it was the first time they were going to be separated for so many hours and on top of that her kids would be alone in this harsh world. Seeing her anxiety, Luke held her hands and reassured her, "Don't worry, they will be fine, i know the teachers and the chairman so calm down and faith in our kids, they have been brought up well by you". She smiled in relief and added, "You too, i wouldn't have been able to do anything if you were not there Luke, so thankyou again". 

After all the procedures were done, the kids were successfully enrolled and Lia along with Luke left the school, Cecily was visibly happy but Elli kept a nonchalant face. It has been only an hour when the kids were called to the principal's office, Elli knew something was not right so he told his sister to wait for him in the cafeteria while he entered the cabin alone but the man waiting for them was not the principal. 

On the other hand, Lia had easily connected with her fellow co-workers, even the HR who was explaining everything to her was very friendly. At first, she was surprised but she heard them say that because the boss was very generous and treated everyone equally, there was no hostility which was really a plus thing.  From hearing all about the boss, she already had a good feeling about him but something told her that it was not that simple but she had promised herself to only think about positive stuff so was going to be positive about this too. 

Luke had banned his family specially his grandfather after the incident that had happened five years ago but when Lia wanted to return, he had contacted his grandfather who was more than happy to hear from him. But this time Luke was cautious as he has a family to think of now so he was going to make sure that his tainted past doesn't affect his future with Lia and the kids.