Couldn't Find A Thing

Reaching home Luke took one look at his family and knew, he had to do something so that they would be able to relax again. He looked at them and spoke, "Let's all shower and meet in the living room, i have a surprise for everyone". Cecily's face brightened up, she asked, "What is it daddy? He replied, "Well, its a surprise babygirl, go ahead and the first one to reach the living room will get something extra, so hurry up! 

Lia understood his intentions so she ushered her children in their respective baths and helped Cecily in undressing her dress but Elli didn't like getting help so she went to her bathroom and took a quick shower. It was already dinnertime when they walked down the stairs and immediately became happy seeing all the pizza boxes on the table, Cecily ran towards Luke who quickly caught her in his arms while she hugged his neck and kissed his cheeks and when Lia glanced down at her son's face, he also had a small smile on his lips and she knew, she needed nothing more than this. She walked to the table and arranged the plates before serving them pizza with their favorite toppings and they already forgot about the incident at the mall. After eating their pizza, Luke surprised them with donuts, eating, talking, laughing, they called it a day. Lia was sitting on the bed when Luke came inside the room, she was waiting for Luke to ask whatever he wanted but to her surprise he didn't ask anything but reassured her saying, "I know today was difficult for you and seeing your past like that wasn't what you wanted but always remember one thing, i have got your back, and you don't have to say anything if you are not ready, i will wait Lia". Lia couldn't control her tears but nodded and lied on her side of bed, closing her eyes, erasing every memory of that incident and focusing on her future.

Shaman finally got the report on Luke but didn't find anything shady about him, it was clear he had a rich background and his qualifications were also elite, and his surname is similar to the chairman of the city hospital. He could guess that they were somehow related by blood and something must have happened for him to leave and come back after half a decade but the question was exactly what? Needing accurate answers, he told his assistant to do whatever was needed but dig in Luke's past, it was not that he wanted to destroy him but just to be alert of anything and everything that could pose a danger to his wife and kids.