Their End

Bang! She fired the gun in the air before speaking, "It is the last warning Shaman, next time it will be my head so kneel back where you were". Shaman had thought that she had loosened her guard but he was so wrong when he heard the gun fire, he took his position back and Abel continued, "I never have in my wildest dream imagined that old lady to be your grandmother, after helping her to the hospital i wanted to leave but seeing she was alone i wanted to wait for her relatives to arrive but before anyone could come, she had already gained consciousness and asked for me, it was the first i had ever felt love aside from my mother's, the look of pure affection on her face made me wail like a baby right there but she didn't ask me anything and only comforted me, patted me, kissed my forehead and i just broke right there". 

By now her face was tear-streaked, she swallowed the lump in her throat and continued, "That day my life changed she requested me to marry her grandson to repay me but how could  I marry someone when all my love was for you" tears were flowing endlessly now but she wiped them fiercely and spoke, "I was going to reject her when you walked in and called her grandma that's when my heart started beating again, when you came inside, you didn't notice me first and only looked at me when your grandma introduced us and our first eye-contact, i remember it well that was the first and only time you looked at me with genuine gratitude and it was my undoing. After that whenever you addressed me, you only looked past me but never at me, at that time, i didn't knew you already had a lover, so i was happy and looking forward to my future, together with grandma, i learned all the necessary etiquettes and about your family for our future but my heart shattered when you showed me the contract just the day before our wedding and told me, i was only your wife in the name. At that time, i wanted to run away again but your grandma comforted me saying time is the best medicine but she she didn't knew that time was only a curse in our marriage. You didn't kiss me at the altar, didn't look at me but i was only looking at you but your gaze was wholly on Katherine but i didn't cry, when you left me on our wedding night, i didn't cry, when in our whole married life, you never touched me, i didn't cry, you humiliated me, our relationship at every opportunity but still i endured, waiting for that one day to come when you would come to me but you never came. But every endurance has a limit and mine was also reached that's when i thought it was no longer wise to shackle myself anymore and i decided to divorce you".

Judging his tear-streaked confused face, she chuckled and spoke, "Did you think it was you who divorced me? No, it was me who ended our marriage, it was me who left you without a backward glance". "But, even after leaving you, i still am here at this edge just like in the past, even after removing you from my life, i still ended up in your clutches, and i know unless i die you and your wife would never stop". 

Shaman was devasted hearing her words, every accusation was right and he was helpless, he had never done anything right by her and because of him they were here, he pleaded, "I know i never cared for you in our marriage but trust me i had my reasons for creating a contract even with Katherine its all an act, so just listen to me and i will explain everything, ok?

She scoffed, "The act is what you have showed me after my return, why, am i not a whore that you used and threw". He was hitting his thighs while speaking, "No, never, you are my wife, my everything, my love". She laughed but it was an ugly laugh and spoke, "You will never understand the word love and drop your act and look closely i am the unwanted ex-wife, the woman you discarded without a second glance, the woman you hate so much that you want to kill her, the woman you hate so much that you want to kill my baby and watch my downfall".

"No, no! no! you have got everything wrong, i will never harm you, never, i was just trapping her from harming you any further so li.." his replied got blocked by her next words, "Do you remember the night at the hotel? and the confusion on his face melted into recognition and she continued, "I knew for our successful divorce, i had to do something big, so i drugged you and Katherine". He was silent before speaking, "It was you who i slept with", it was more like a relief on his lips but she was uninterested and spoke, "How could i let my husband sleep with other woman at my hands, how could i? and now you want to murder you own baby. Do you feel thrilled hearing that the woman you are going to kill mercilessly is carrying your child". 

He was hitting the ground with his bare hands, spluttering blood everywhere, pleading, "I am sorry, i am so sorry, its all my fault so come down here and i will accept any punishment but please give me a chance". "Chance, yes i was a fool that i even considered giving you a chance and only to hear how i was just a pawn" 

"No" he screamed while biting his lips, scarring it but it was all on deaf ears as she announced, "My downfall is all i can give you as our parting gift, this is what you wanted so this is what you will live with and if i were to be born again i desperately wish not to cross paths with you in another lifetime again. I was doomed from the time my eyes found you and this is my end and the only thing i regret is my baby won't be able to see the world". 

He knew something bad was going to happen and slowly stood only to watch the love of his life ending their connection by jumping down the cliff. It all happened in a slow motion and he heard her, "You know its not our first life, its the second and my fate remains the same but the only difference is that this time the gun is in my hands". She shot at his thigh before speaking, "Goodbye my love" before taking a step back and jumping.