Luke's Apology

Shaman reached his office where his secretary was waiting for him with all the information that he collected against Luke, without waiting anymore, he went through the things, there were documents, and chips containing cctv footages. It took him a while but he was able to get all the things that went south in Luke's life that year, although Shaman hated him, but still he felt a little pity towards the man because in a single night, he lost his everything just like him.

Luke reached his grandfather's place and stood before the door, he was nervous but he had to do this, after calming himself down, he knocked on the door and opened it. At first glance, he saw his grandfather sitting at the single couch and by his right are sitting the two people he had led down in his life. His feet froze but he still forced his legs to move and stood before them, bowed his head and spoke, "I know its too late to even speak but i apologize for my cowardly behavior, i know its all my fault, if not for me she would still had been here. Please uncle, aunt, grandfather forgive me and even if you can't, i understand, i will get on my knees but i hope you will let her go so that she can rest in peace". 

The people sitting there had tears rolling down their cheeks but they knew it was not entirely his fault, fate was cruel to them and snatched the only person they loved so much. Luke's uncle and aunt were sobbing now, his uncle spoke, "I know son, it was not your fault but seeing our daughter's lifeless body on the hospital bed made us loose our senses and we took it out on you. We forgot that you were also grieving her, she was as much dear to you as us but the circumstances made us hate you and we did what we felt was right, but now we know whatever we do, it won't bring back our daughter. So, don't worry, we forgive you, let's bury her now so that she can reconnect with the world". Grandfather didn't speak until the couple left the room, once alone, he hugged his grandson and spoke, "It took you this long to face us again, you know how much i missed you son. I understand you were filled with grief and self-hate but you could have talked to me and i would have made sure no one blamed you but you left me and these people behind". Luke hugged him tighter and replied, "I am sorry grandpa, seeing her body and hearing the accusations, i couldn't control my emotions, it was too much for me but i won't ever leave now, i promise". His grandpa then noticed the ring on his grandson's finger and asked, "Are you married? 

Luke was surprised at first but recovered quickly and replied, "Yes, i am married and you will be surprised to hear but i have two beautiful kids as well". His grandfather held his heart and spoke, "Are you trying to give me a heart attack son, why didn't you said so before? Say what, leave it don't speak just take me to them, i want to meet your family". Luke felt happy hearing the word family and agreed to let them meet.