We Need To Talk

Lia brought the base of the cake to the dinning table where all the three were seating and preparing the frosting for the cake. She walked back to the kitchen and gazed at them while leaning on the doorframe, she was thinking of the past when she used to have nightmares about that night when she had jumped of the cliff without caring for her or even her kids life and regrets it immensely. But, she still feels fortunate to be able to give birth to the kids and seeing them happy together with Luke, she couldn't ask for more but she knew it wasn't the end and she will have to return to the city. 

Even though Luke work's stable, he still belongs to his hospital and she wouldn't block his future so she will have to talk about it and them. They enjoyed their cozy dinner while their daughter sang for them, she had a beautiful voice and Luke always encouraged her to sing more. 

At night, Luke put the kids to sleep while Lia cleaned the kitchen and soon joined him in their bedroom after kissing her kids good night. They had been sleeping on the bed for one year before that Lia always slept with her kids still they never crossed the line which Lia was more than grateful for because engaging in any sort romantic relationship is the last thing she wants to do now. 

She noticed Luke was already dressed in his night clothes so she hurried her shower and nightly routine, once done she sat on the bed beside him and spoke while looking at him, "We need to talk". It was simple four words but its meaning was already piercing through Luke's heart, he knew whatever came now will not be good for the family he so selfishly created even so it was a given so he could only clench his fists and nod at Lia to go on. 

Lia sighed and continued, "We need to return" seeing the frown on his face she intertwined her fingers with him and spoke, "This is not the life we can continue living on and you know that, let's get back to our city and start afresh but Luke if we are going to spent rest of our lives together, i want you to know, i don't want us to get romantically involved but if you want to get a real marriage bound by love, you can leave us and don't worry about the kids".