The Director Is Here

Luke got home quite late in the night and the kids were already asleep, he went to the kids room and kissed them goodnight, after changing his clothes, he went in search of his wife. Lia was busy working on her laptop when he entered their study room, sneaking up behind her, he hugged her waist, she got startled and screamed, Luke immediately spoke, "Shh Lia, its me, you are going to wake the kids". She calmed her racing heart and patted his arm still encircling her waist, "You startled me, you are quite late. Have you had dinner? Hearing her concern, Luke couldn't help but smile and hug her tighter before replying, "I have eaten and from tomorrow onwards, i will inform you if i am ever late again. I hope you have had dinner and why are you working off hours? 

Lia loosened his arms and replied, "Don't worry, i had dinner with the kids and i will be happy if you did so, and for the working part, i was not doing company's work, it is a different project that i used to do before my break, anyways, i am tired, let's go and sleep". Luke nodded and followed her inside their bedroom and even though he wanted to take things further, he knew she was tired so he only slept beside her while gazing at her face. 

On the other side someone was still sleeping with a woman's photo frame in his arms, it will still hard for Shaman to fall asleep, but now after knowing that his woman and kids are alive, he could be halfway at peace. 

 In the morning, Lia woke up early to prepare lunch boxes for her family, while Luke helped the kids in getting ready, they seemed more friends than couples but they were content with their lives. Luke was dropping the kids at the school so Lia directly drove her car to the company she worked at, it was still a little early but there were a handful of employees at their work tables. Lia greeted them and sat at her desk, after a while people filled in and Lia was called to the HR's office, she knocked at the door and went inside. Her lead informed her that she was going to meet the director today and will be working as his secretary from today onwards, at first Lia was little anxious but soon calmed her nerves and thanked her lead. Lia went back to her desk where she got the e-mail about the director's schedule, she arranged the meetings according to the client availability and preference, while booking appropriate restaurants for the social meetings. She was still engrossed in her work when someone poked her in the arms, she looked up and saw it was her desk mate, Lia raised her eyebrows at him  to ask what he needed, when the boy pointed at the front and spoke, "The director is here". Lia immediately got up and straighten her clothes, she didn't want her first appearance to be sloppy or unkept.