5

"Alright, let the planning begin." Mercedes said as she pulled out a journal and began jotting down some things she needed to get done for their wedding. They had an official wedding date. Mercedes and Jon would be tying the knot July Eighth, Two Thousand and Seventeen. They didn't want a long engagement and were just excited to be getting married soon.

"Hey beautiful, whatcha doin?" Jon asked as he was coming inside their apartment from being at the gym.

"Trying to get wedding shit together." She replied, writing down more stuff.

"Whatcha got so far?" He asked, grabbing them both some water and plopping down next to her.

"The colors, date, and venue. Wedding planning is a lot." She sighed, placing her journal down.

She wanted the colors to be a dusty blue with blush pink, as well as a dark green. They also had their venue picked. They would be getting married in a beautiful gardened venue about two hours away from where they currently live, which was Salt Lake City, Utah. They would have an outdoor ceremony as well as an indoor reception. She at least got that done before moving on to the rest of it.

"What's the next big thing you have to tackle?" Jon asked, running his fingers through her vibrant pink hair.

"Who's walking me down the aisle." She replied, knowing it was a touchy subject. Mercedes wasn't sure who would walk her down the aisle due to her not having a relationship with her biological father. If she had to walk alone she would, but she also wasn't sure if she'd be one hundred percent confident as well as comfortable doing that.

"Why don't you ask Paul? He's basically become your dad, at least a dad figure. The worst he could say is no." Jon threw out there, referring to how close his soon to be wife was with their boss.

"I can give it a shot." She shrugged, taking a bit to relax with her fiancé so she didn't stress herself out too much. All would come within time.

+

A few days later, Mercedes and Jon were back at Raw. He was continuing his story with Chris Jericho. Mercedes was going to be preparing for a return as well as a storyline against Ashley once she finished her story with Nattie. However, Mercedes had a pretty big task while they were at Raw. Paul would be there too. So, she was going to ask him to walk her down the aisle when she and Jon get married the next year. She was nervous but needed to get it out of the way.

"Paul!" Mercedes smiled once she found him alone for a moment.

"Hey Mercedes," Paul smiled, hugging the petite pink haired girl.

"Can I bug you for a few minutes?" She asked with a smile, the two grabbing a quick seat since they were in a private spot.

"What's up?" He asked once the two were situated.

"So, it's about the wedding." She began before taking a deep breath.

"Are you having any issues with the planning?" He replied, rubbing his eyes for a moment.

"Yes and no," she stated while trying to not get emotional.

"I was wondering if when Jon and I get married, if you would walk me down the aisle and give me away?" Mercedes finally spat out as Paul had a huge smile form on his face.

"I would be honored too. You don't need to explain yourself as I already know your given circumstances, don't stress about it. I will happily do the honors, Mercedes." He grinned, hugging Mercedes tight. He didn't want her to get all worked up and emotional as he already knew her circumstances. Mercedes was like another daughter to Paul, so he was happy to do the honor she needed.

"Thank you so much." She smiled, trying to fight back her tears.

"Not a problem at all, happy to help." He grinned as the two went off their separate ways to do what they needed to do. Mercedes found Jon with Joe and Ashley backstage, happy to see her fiancé and their best friends.

"There she is." Jon chuckled, greeting his fiancée before the two shared a quick kiss.

"How'd it go?" He asked as the two stepped away for just a moment.

"Paul's gonna do it." She beamed as Jon hugged her tight.

"Good, I'm glad. I knew he would. See, nothing to stress about, beautiful. It's all working out." He reassured her, kissing her temple before they made their way back to their friends and prepared for Monday Night Raw.