28

One Month Later|April 10th, 2018

"Becks, she's beautiful." Mercedes beamed at her best friend.

One month had passed since Jon left for rehab. He and Mercedes have briefly gotten to chat through a therapist's phone there. For the first four weeks, they would take your phone so you could really focus on recovering yourself. It was hard for Mercedes, but she currently had a great distraction.

Rebecca went into labor with her and Seth's daughter the previous night, on April Ninth. He was not able to be in the delivery room due to him still being on the opposite side of the hospital. They were hopeful still that he would come out stronger from this. However, you never know.

Mercedes currently had a great distraction as she was with Rebecca. She was with her during the whole labor and delivery process for her niece. Rebecca decided to name her Bryton Quinn Lopez. She was in love with her daughter. She was hopeful her husband would get to meet her as well.

It was also good for Mercedes to be with Rebecca and her newborn niece. It prepared her for when she'd give birth in about three months to her and Jon's baby. It was also a way for her to take her mind off of the situation with her husband. She of course supported him, but missed him like crazy. She wanted her husband to get better for the sake of their family.

"Thank you, Mercy, and thank you for staying with me. I really appreciate it and not being alone." Rebecca gave her friend a tired smile as she happily took her daughter back in her arms.

"Of course, I know I wouldn't want to be alone. I'm not going to do that to you." She smiled and gave her friend a light hug. The two continued chatting for a while as Mercedes headed home. Ashley and Joe were coming to visit so Rebecca wouldn't be alone. Mercedes was now six months pregnant, so she just wanted to clean herself up and rest as well.

"No fucking way." Mercedes gasped. She was home now and was about to take a nap. However, plans were stopped as she heard her phone ringing for a FaceTime call.

"Hey! There's my beautiful girl." Jon smiled on the other line. He had his phone back now and was able to talk to his wife and see her for the first time since leaving.

"Babe! How are you?! I miss you so much!" Mercedes lit up as she was finally able to see her husband.

"I miss you too, baby. I'm doing okay, feel a little rough but I know I can power through it. I don't have a choice." He admitted before rubbing his eyes.

"I know you can too, you're strong! Also, your niece was born today." She snickered with a proud smile, wanting to change topics so Jon wouldn't feel as bad.

"Hell yeah! Is Becks doing okay?" He replied.

"Yes, she is. I was with her during the labor and delivery process so I kinda know what I'm getting into with our babe soon. Ash and Joe are with her now. I wanted to come home and rest. She named the baby Bryton Quinn." Mercedes responded with a beaming smile.

"Beautiful name for our beautiful niece. But, unfortunately I gotta hop off baby. I love you and I'll talk to you soon." Jon said as his time was over for talking on the phone.

"I love you too honey." Mercedes smiled as the two hung up the phone. It may not have been a long call, but Mercedes was just happy to talk to her husband. Even if it was only for a few minutes.