15

Three Weeks Later

"I don't want you to go." Mercedes pouted while watching her husband pack his things.

He had to leave two days early due to him having to do media appearances with Colby. He was able to be off a bit more to help Mercedes after he surgery, which she was still recovering from. However, he had to leave now and she was really sad about it. She knew it came with the business, but she still wanted her husband home with her.

"I know baby, I'll be home sooner than you know." Jon comforted her, softly kissing her.

"I hope so. I'm just going to be bored." She gave a laugh, pressing her glasses to her face.

"I'm always a phone call away, babydoll. But I gotta get going, I love you so much and I'll text you as soon as I can." He replied, passionately kissing his wife.

"I love you babe, be safe!" She gave a soft smile while watching her husband exit their bedroom and head out for the road.

After laying in bed for a few more minutes, Mercedes finally got out of bed. She headed downstairs to eat some breakfast and get her day started. As she was eating her breakfast, she was caught off guard hearing some knocks on the door. She furrowed her brows before getting up and answering the door.

"Surprise!" Ashley, Pam, and Rebecca said. They were standing at the door with flowers and some goodies for Mercedes during her recovery. Mercedes bursted into tears when she saw her three best friends surprising her at the front door.

"Awww, Mercedes!" The girls smiled as they carefully hugged her. Mercedes was so glad they came to visit. They would definitely lift her spirits during the recovery.

"You guys have no idea how happy I am that you're here." She smiled once she was able to calm down from crying. Ashley grabbed her some tissues as they made their way to her kitchen and dining room.

"Awww, Mercedes. Of course we're gonna come see you! You're our sister!" Rebecca grinned. The four basically were sisters at this point with how close they were and the deep connection as well as the very personal bond they shared. Mercedes was so thankful to have the three of them in her life.

"And we made you some get well soon baskets!" Ashley giggled as she placed the baskets down while Pam got the flowers arranged in a couple vases for Mercedes.

"Well thank you guys, I appreciate it. Just sucks not wrestling, you know? And it sucks even more that Jon isn't here either. He just left an hour ago." She explained as the four went to go sit down on the couch in her living room.

"I understand, it's like when I had my knee injury back in NXT." Pam explained as she handed Mercedes her coffee.

"If it makes you feel any better, you're not alone. I can't wrestle right now either." Rebecca added as all three girls were confused. Pam and Ashley didn't know Rebecca couldn't wrestle, let alone Mercedes.

"Wait, why can't you wrestle right now Becca? You just wrestled, like ten days ago." Mercedes furrowed her brows. To her knowledge, Rebecca wasn't injured so she was extremely confused.

"You guys cannot tell anyone, except for your significant others." Rebecca began as everyone nodded their heads, still confused.

"Okay, so I can't wrestle right now because Colby and I are having a baby!" She grinned as the girls gasped and squealed.

"Rebecca Lopez! You're going to be a mom?!" Ashley exclaimed as they hugged the orange haired Irish woman tight.

"I am! I am ten weeks and four days. I'm due in April." She added as the girls found themselves emotional again.

"Congrats Becks! I'm so happy for you! I'm going to be an auntie!" Mercedes squealed.

"Dude that's freaking awesome! You've always wanted to be a mom!" Pam added in with a huge grin on her face.

"I have, and I know you guys will be the best aunties. But, we didn't come here for me. Let's get Mercedes back to where we need her!" Rebecca grinned as she was excited to tell her best friends, but wanted to focus on lifting Mercedes up. The girls agreed before spending the rest of the day together. It was what Mercedes needed and she was so excited to become an aunt. For now though, she would enjoy the time with her best friends and trying to recover from her surgery.