66

Three Weeks Later

"I am so happy to be home now with Liam all the time, focusing on him and our family." Mercedes commented as she and Jon were sitting on their back porch with Liam.

"I'm glad you feel better baby. I think Liam enjoys having his mama all the time now too." Jon chuckled, noticing how Liam was becoming a mama's boy even though he still loved his daddy.

"I'm just happier overall. I'm grateful for wrestling, but I have some bigger jobs that I have now. Being a mama and a wifey." She beamed while looking at her husband.

"Like I said, priorities change and hearts shift. All good things baby." He assured her as they moved to the living room, given it was still slightly chilly in Salt Lake for March.

"My heart may have shifted a bit too." She replied as Jon furrowed his brows.

"How's your heart shifted babe?" Jon asked while he and Liam were playing with cars and trucks on the living room floor.

"Because I really want another baby, if I'm not pregnant already. I feel like I might be." She answered truthfully as Jon's eyes got a little big.

"You think you might be pregnant?" He questioned.

"Maybe, I'm a week late for my period. I know they've been funky since I stopped breastfeeding a few months back, but I'm kinda feeling the same way that I did with Liam. But we did say we want more kids and you said you had no problem putting another baby in me." She giggled as Jon began laughing.

"I did say that, didn't I." He continued laughing with his wife.

"You know we want more babies, at least one or two more. And if I am pregnant, Liam and the baby will get to grow up together since they'd be super close in age." She added as Jon listened to his wife while playing with their son.

"Yep, all true baby. Why don't we figure this out in the morning? I'm home till Friday, so we have three days to find out and figure it out. Either way is all good." Jon suggested as Mercedes agreed, the two enjoying a quiet night with their son.

The next morning, Mercedes ran out secretively to buy pregnancy tests. She and Jon both had a feeling she could be pregnant. They'd be happy if she was and would continue trying if she wasn't. They wanted more children, feeling as if now was a good opportunity now that Mercedes was done wrestling.

"Liam's down for a nap." Jon said as he walked into his and Mercedes' bedroom early in the afternoon.

"Okay. I'm gonna go take the test since we have some quiet time now. Plus I'm gonna want your full attention for the results and we just won't have that when he's awake." Mercedes smiled, grabbing the tests and headed to their bathroom. She did her business and took all three tests to be safe. Once she was done, she opened the door to let Jon in as they waited for the results.

"That's the timer." Jon said as the timer on his wife's phone went off, indicating the results were in.

"Let's find out." Mercedes replied as she took a deep breath and turned over all three pregnancy tests. Both she and Jon began getting emotional, crying a bit as they saw the results.

"Mercedes, you're pregnant baby!" Jon cheered as he hugged his wife and slowly, lovingly kissed her.

"We're having another baby!" She cheered with her husband before some anxiety took over.

"Baby... what if the baby's not okay? I just wrestled an Elimination Chamber match less than a month ago!" She began to panic.

"Honey, breathe. We will go to the doctor and make sure everything is okay. I fully believe everything is healthy with you and our baby. It's you and I forever, Mer. We will figure it out with the baby." He assured her and kissed her forehead.

"Okay, sorry. I just got a little worried." She admitted while resting her head against her husband's chest.

"All understandable, baby. But you're pregnant! You'll be bringing in another beautiful member to our family. I'm the lucky one to have you as my wife and mother to our children. Especially since you helped me with my sobriety journey so I could be here with you and our son today." He began crying a bit more, overtaken by emotions while holding his wife.

"I'll always be here for you babe. I'm just so happy to be having another baby with you! I love being a mommy and I know you're an amazing daddy. Liam's gonna be a big brother too!" She beamed as they moved towards their bed and sat together.

"Yes he is. I can't wait to go through this journey with you baby. You're the most beautiful woman in the world. Even more beautiful carrying our baby." He winked as the two kissed again, quietly celebrating another pregnancy in their family.