35

"Mercedes, you ok?" Jon asked as he saw his wife standing in their son's nursery.

It was the late night of August Eighth. Mercedes was forty one weeks pregnant with their first child and son, whom they decided to name Liam Jonathan Good. Due to Mercedes already being a week overdue, they were getting ready to head to the hospital for her to get induced. They were excited, nervous, and emotional to finally meet their baby boy.

"Mhm, just can't believe he's about to be here." She smiled, turning to look at her husband as he had a small smile on his face.

"You'll be the best mom ever, beautiful. You'll do great, and you've got me right here by your side." He whispered, softly kissing her temple as her smile widened. After everything they've gone through in the last near year, Mercedes was happy with her husband being home and healthy, able to experience the birth of their son together.

"Thank you baby, you'll be the best dad ever. I'm so happy you're here and we get to do this together." She gleamed, looking into Jon's ocean blue eyes.

"Me too." He smiled, the two sharing another loving kiss before checking the time which was 10:45pm.

"Everything packed?" Jon asked as they were going to have to head to the hospital for Mercedes to get induced with baby Liam.

"Yep, can you help me downstairs? It might take me a minute." She giggled as she was waddling due to her being so big with her first pregnancy. Jon couldn't help but chuckle himself at his wife.

"Or I can do this." He said, softly picking her up and carrying her bridal style down the few steps they had that lead to the front door. Mercedes giggled loudly as he carried her to the car, going back inside and grabbing their bags. He met her back in their car just a few moments later, starting it up.

"Let's go have a baby!" Mercedes cheered, holding her husband's hand.

"Let's go have our boy." He chuckled, kissing the top of her hand.

It took them about twenty minutes to get to the hospital. They had a nice ride over, enjoying the last car ride as just the two of them. They were super excited to finally meet their baby boy and start the new chapter of parenthood together. After getting Mercedes admitted, they got settled in to a room. She was only one centimeter dilated, so they knew it would be a long process. However, they were just excited to meet their baby boy.

"It's baby time!" Mercedes squealed, holding her husband's hand. She hasn't gotten much medication yet to really start the labor process, so she was still feeling good.

"You'll do amazing honey. I'm here for you every step of the way." He reassured her, softly kissing his wife. Now, they would play the waiting game to see how long it would be before they met their baby boy.

A few hours later, it was a little after 3am on August 9th. Mercedes has been in labor for nearly four hours and was definitely starting to feel the pain of labor and delivery. She was only three centimeters dilated, so she still had a ways to go. Even though she was in pain, she was glad she had Jon right by her side.

"Breathe, almost done honey." He whispered as he held her hand tight.

"God damn." She breathed after the contraction was over, opening her eyes after having them winced shut for a moment.

"You're doing great, beautiful." He said, moving her dark brown locks out of her face.

"Thank you, this hurts more than the bumps in wrestling." She admitted before getting some ice chips to chew on for a minute.

"You're a very strong woman baby. You can handle the bumps, I know you'll do great during this. He'll be here before you know it." Jon encouraged her and tied her hair back in a ponytail, out of her face.

"I love you." She tiredly smiled, taking her glasses off and rubbing her tired eyes before facing her husband again.

"I love you too babygirl, you got this." He whispered, softly kissing her forehead as they continued the waiting game.

"Oh my god!" Mercedes cried five hours later. She had been in labor now for nine hours, feeling exhausted and emotional. The pain was definitely getting to be worse and she wanted baby Liam out of her.

"It's ok honey, it's ok." Jon replied, letting her squeeze his hand and upper arm as she felt another strong contraction.

"It hurts so bad! I want him out of me!" She nearly sobbed while he wiped the tears off from her face.

"He'll be here soon baby, keep pushing through you're doing awesome." He tried to help her feel better but knew she wouldn't feel much better until baby Liam was born. For now, he would continue to encourage her and support her the best way he could.

Nine hours later, it was about 5pm on August Ninth. Mercedes was finally ten centimeters dilated and fully effaced. She was ready to give birth to baby Liam Jonathan Good. Once she got the epidural, she began feeling much better and the labor went quicker afterwards. It was go time now as she and Jon were excited and emotional to finally meet their baby boy.

"Ready?" Jon asked with a proud smile as the nurses and doctors were getting Mercedes prepared to give birth.

"Definitely, I want to meet him so bad." She smiled before propping up her legs so she could get in position to give birth. After making sure everything was good to go, Mercedes finally was able to begin pushing.

"Good job baby, you're doing great." Jon grinned as she had been pushing for a few minutes and Liam was already almost out.

"Give us one more big push mama and he'll be here!" Her doctor smiled as Mercedes nodded her head. She tried not to scream but definitely cried a bit as she gave one more big push. A few moments later, the loud screams and cries of baby Liam Jonathan Good filled the room as Mercedes and Jon were emotional themselves.

"He's here!" Mercedes sobbed as he was placed on her chest. Jon was emotional himself seeing his wife and newborn son.

"I'm so, so proud of you babygirl. You did it." Jon beamed through his tears, kissing Mercedes' cheek before going down to cut Liam's umbilical cord.

"He's perfect." Mercedes whispered now that they were getting some quiet, alone time with baby Liam and Mercedes was having skin to skin bonding time with him.

"He is, he looks like me." Jon chuckled as they admired their son's features. He had Jon's hair and eye color, skin tone, facial features, everything was from his daddy.

"He does. Our sweet baby boy. I couldn't be happier." She sniffled through her tears.

"Me either, beautiful. Our little family." He grinned as they soaked in the first moments with their newborn son, now a family of three.