13

Three Weeks Later|SummerSlam

Mercedes and Jon came back from Bora Bora after a week for their honeymoon. They had so much fun and were glad to return back to wrestling. Now, they were in Brooklyn, New York. It was SummerSlam. They were holding it at the Barclays Center.

Both Mercedes and Jon had matched and they were so excited for them as well. Mercedes had a singles match against Alexa Bliss for the Raw Women's Championship. Jon had a tag team match with Colby against Cesaro and Sheamus for the Raw Tag Team Championships. They knew their matches would be great and they couldn't wait to tear the house down.

"Look at you babygirl." Jon smirked when he saw his wife in her gear, ready for her match.

"Thank you baby. I can't wait to watch yours and Colby's match too." Mercedes beamed as he softly kissed her. She had on new gear, which was pink and yellow. It was to honor her IronWoman match with Pam nearly two years ago in NXT. Her gear made a beautiful tribute to it as well.

"We're going on first." He added as they were walking around backstage.

"Oooh, I think I'm after you guys then since we're second." She replied as she grabbed her signature rings, necklace, and glasses.

"I'll see you in a few baby. Love you." Jon quickly said as he met with Colby, Claudio, and Stephen (Sheamus) ahead of their match. Mercedes had to go do a photo shoot in her new gear real quick before she could make her way to gorilla in order to watch her husband's tag team title match.

"Yay! Good job baby! I'm so proud of you!" Mercedes beamed nearly a half hour later. Jon and Colby won the Raw Tag Team Championships together. The fans were elated. Mercedes and Rebecca were excited for their men as well.

"Thank you babygirl, I can't wait to watch you up next." He grinned after giving her a passionate kiss on the lips.

"Well thank you, I'll be champ just like you." She winked before getting in her "Sasha Banks" mode.

The video package played, leading up to the big match between the two. Alexa made her entrance first. Mercedes followed in pursuit. The crowd was loud for Mercedes. They wanted her to win so bad. Mercedes was excited and nervous for the match, knowing she wanted to do the best she can.

The match was very intense technically and physically. The two competitors were having a great match. However, the ending got a bit funky and scary. Alexa went to do a sunset flip on Mercedes. When she landed, Mercedes hit hard on her right shoulder, feeling it pop out of place. She screamed in agony, trying to pop it back into place. Everyone from the back watched with their teeth gritted and concern for the petite woman.

Although she was in so much pain, Mercedes was somehow able to finish the match. She ended up using her foot for her Bank Statement submission. Alexa tapped out, declaring Mercedes the winner and the new Raw Women's Champion. Everyone knew something was up when she couldn't even raise her right arm up with the championship.

"Baby, what happened?" Jon quickly went to Mercedes' side as she was in tears and clutching her right shoulder.

"My shoulder! It's fucked babe, it hurts." She cried as Jon helped her back to the trainer's office.

"I got you, babygirl. Just squeeze my hand." He replied as she was sitting down and the trainers were checking on her shoulder. She wanted to yell in pain but instead squeezed Jon's hand and winced hard. The doctors and trainers kept pressing on it and touching it, making Mercedes feel even more pain. For now, they put her in a sling.

"I'm so pissed! I was supposed to have my title back and do so much with it." She cried in Jon's chest before they'd leave the trainers room.

"I know baby, I know. We'll get it checked out and get you healed up. I promise it'll be okay." He comforted her before softly placing a kiss on her lips. Whatever it was, Jon would be there to support her one hundred percent.