41

One Month Later|TLC

"Morning, beautiful." Jon mumbled, wrapping his free arm around his wife and softly kissing her.

"Good morning, babe. Or should I say soon to be champ!" Mercedes giggled, scooting closer towards her husband while Liam was still asleep in his pack and play.

Jon, Mercedes, and Liam were in Chicago, Illinois. He had a pay-per-view main event match against Joe that night for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Mercedes of course wanted to come and bring their son. She was so proud of her husband and his journey over the last eight months.

The WWE Universe was so excited for Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns to square off. Their match would not be a traditional match. The two best friends turned to brothers, competitors for the night would have a TLC match (Tables, Ladders, and Chairs) for the event. Jon and Joe were so excited for the match. Joe was also looking forward to seeing his best friend reclaim everything he lost.

"That I am, baby girl. I'm really happy to have you and Liam here. Means a lot to me to have my family here." He smiled, kissing her temple.

"Of course baby! I would not want to sit at home and just watch you on the tv! I am so happy to be here with my boys." She proudly beamed while still snuggling with her husband.

"I am happy to have you both here. Maybe later we can celebrate?" He gave a playful smirk as Mercedes giggled a bit.

"That is the thing to do." She winked while they enjoyed their quiet morning until Liam woke up.

The family of three were able to spend their morning together. They got a couple hours together before Jon headed off to the arena. Mercedes stayed back for a while so she could get ready and let Liam rest before they'd have a long night ahead of them. She could not wait for Jon to get his moment that he's worked so hard for.

While getting ready, Mercedes found herself emotional. They were happy tears. She was so proud of her husband for getting clean and sober. She was also very proud of him for changing his ways, becoming a better husband and father. Now, tonight was his crowning moment. She was just excited to witness it all.

"Alright bubba, let's go see daddy! He's gonna be champ tonight!" Mercedes beamed after finishing getting ready. Liam was playing on a tummy time mat while she got ready. She carefully scooped him up and made sure they had their belongings, leaving for the amazing night ahead.

"Look at you, gorgeous." Jon smiled later that day as he found Mercedes as she was baby-wearing a sleeping Liam on her chest.

"Thank you baby, you don't look too bad yourself." She winked while lovingly kissing her husband. She was currently wearing a floor length, orange dress paired with some heels and a black leather jacket. Dean was just in a tank top and jeans, which is what he would wear out to his main event match.

"Well, I'm not a bad looking man." He chuckled as they let go of their kiss.

"No, you're definitely not! How are you feeling? Are you okay?" She asked as she wanted to make sure her husband was doing okay.

"Better now that you both are here. I just wanna make you both proud." He said while holding her hand, then wrapping his free arm around her.

"Jon, we're both already so proud of you. You're eight months clean, you're an amazing husband and daddy. Tonight is just the cherry on top. I love you so much, babe. We are so proud of you." She quietly reassured him as they shared another loving kiss.

"I love you too, Mercedes. I'll let you go spend time with the girls since I gotta go meet with Paul." He assured her. The two shared another sweet kiss before going on their own ways for the time being.

Mercedes was able to spend some time with their friends up until TLC started. She headed back to Jon's private locker room to change, eat, as well as to nurse Liam. She ended up putting on one of Jon's "Dean Ambrose" shirts, some skinny jeans, and changed into some Nike sneakers. She happily watched everyone's matches before it was her husband's turn.

Mercedes hung out in the locker room until it got closer to the main event. Once it was the match before the main event, she took Liam and headed up to gorilla. She met Joe and Jon, along with a few others there. She was so excited and nervous for her husband. Mercedes also knew the two would put on a great match.

"I love you baby! Kick ass!" Mercedes beamed at her husband while Joe made his entrance.

"I love you babe!" Jon winked before his entrance music hit.

Mercedes proudly watched the two brothers square off for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. She was very emotional during it but that was to be expected. Everyone around her was very understanding and they were happy for Jon too.

Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns had a very intense, back and forth contest for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. They had some high risk spots and some normal things to be expected from them in their match. After an intense twenty five minute match, it came down to the end.

The ending spots were intense, but they were Joe and Jon's ideas. Dean and Roman were on the ladder, outside of the ring. Dean delivered a suplex to Roman, both men crashing through the table from halfway up the ladder. Dean buried Roman after getting to his feet. He grabbed a ladder and quickly climbed up, unhooking the championship as it fell in his arms. The bell rang and the match was over.

"Here is your winner, and the new! WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Dean Ambrose!" Jojo Offerman announced as the crowd could've blown the roof off the arena. Jon proudly held the championship up high.

He eventually made his way down the ladder, celebrating in the ring. As he was down celebrating, Mercedes came running down to the ring. Paul had Liam so she could run and celebrate with her husband. Mercedes quickly ran in to her husband's arms, the two crying hard during the sweet embrace.

"Baby, you did it! I'm so proud of you!" Mercedes grinned through her tears as Jon cupped her cheeks with his hands, passionately kissing her.

"Couldn't have done this without you, baby girl. I love you so damn much." Jon said as the two celebrated in the ring. The fans cheered louder seeing Sasha Banks come out and celebrate with Dean Ambrose.

The two celebrated in the ring and backstage. They shared a sweet moment with their four month old son as well. Jon had to do some media before they eventually made their way to the hotel. Mercedes just nursed and put Liam down for bed, knowing she and Jon would be heading there themselves.

"I'm so proud of you, babe. I love you so much!" Mercedes grinned as Jon sat the championship down and turned his attention towards his wife.

"I love you too, baby girl. But now, it's time to celebrate." Jon winked and kissed her softly.

"Oh yeah?" She questioned with a laugh.

"Yes it is! Dean Ambrose versus Sasha Banks with shower stipulations." He smirked as they walked towards the bathroom.

"Who's the winner?"

"Either way Dean Ambrose wins since he's the champ and has you for his hot ass wife."

"I love you." She giggled while shaking her head.

"I love you too. Now, celebrate." He chuckled as they enjoyed their night.