34

"Thank you for putting everything away. And for making breakfast." Mercedes giggled while sitting in the recliner in their son's nursery.

Now that Jon was home, they could finally finish preparing for their son's arrival. The main thing that needed to get done was picking out their baby boy's name. The two needed to have a conversation as well to what the future holds with Jon's recovery. First though, he put everything away from the baby shower so Mercedes didn't stress herself out. That was the last thing she needed to do this far along in the pregnancy.

"Of course, beautiful. I'm just glad to be back home with you and get ready for little man to come." Jon replied, turning around to look at his wife.

"Me too." She smiled as they shared a soft kiss. Jon knew he also needed to talk to her and apologize for putting her through everything. Yes, he got better. However, he felt guilty for putting his pregnant wife through all the trauma and stress. It ate away at him while in rehab. It may take a while, but Jon wanted to smooth things over before their son was born.

"Mercedes, I'm sorry for not really being here for the pregnancy and putting you through all the shit. You didn't deserve that." He began, shaking his head and sitting on the floor in front of her.

"Why're you apologizing? I'm not mad at you and I never was. I was worried about you. Yes, I was upset that you didn't communicate these things, but I never ever was mad at you." She furrowed her brows, shaking her head a bit.

"I know, but I shouldn't have put you through any of that. I should've been fuckin' normal and worked through my shit with you. And you're pregnant and I prolly stressed you and the baby out. Then the health scares I've had. I could've made it a better pregnancy experience for you, so I feel a little bit guilty that it wasn't what I'm sure you've dreamed it to be." He sighed, rubbing his forehead with his hand.

"Baby, stop. It's okay." Mercedes have a sympathetic smile, holding his hand.

"I'm just happy that you're here and healthy. And we get to be a family. Please, stop apologizing and working yourself up. It's not necessary or good for you. I love you, honey. Through thick and thin, to hell and back. It's you and I against the world." She softly spoke as she stood up, walking over to her husband and sat on the ground to hug him.

"I love you, Mercedes. You're the best." He whispered in her ear as they shared a soft kiss.

"I love you too babe. Now, let's get a name for our boy. He can technically come any day now and we don't have a name." She snickered, trying to lighten the mood.

"Maybe I already have one in mind." He winked as they were making their way downstairs.

"Oh do you now? The only thing I have is that I want his middle name to be your first name. I want him to be named after his amazing daddy." She beamed as Jon grinned at her, appreciating the sweet gesture.

"Well, one night when I was able to have my phone on me, I looked at baby names." He admitted as they were now sitting on the couch to catch up on one of their shows together.

"Did you now?" She giggled.

"I did," he began with a chuckle, kissing her temple.

"And the name Liam came across. I'm not sure why, but it just stuck with me. It just felt right." He finished as Mercedes was beaming ear to ear.

"I love Liam! Liam Jonathan Good." She said out loud to see how the name sounded.

"Got a ring to it, right?" He winked.

"It does. It sounds like the perfect name for our perfect boy." She giggled, hugging her husband once again.

"Sounds good to me too, babygirl." Jon whispered, holding his wife tight. Now they were ready for their son to be born. Liam Jonathan Good was welcome to come any day now. Mercedes and Jon were ecstatic and ready for his arrival.