64

Two weeks has passed since Mercedes found out about her Elimination Chamber match after they got back from DisneyWorld. She was having a lot more emotions and burn out leading up to Elimination Chamber. Tonight on Raw, she just had a promo. She was glad as well, noticing Liam getting sick over the last couple days.

"My poor baby, let's get you some medicine bubba." Mercedes hushed an emotional eighteen month old Liam.

She took his temperature as he felt warm, seeing he was having a fluctuating fever. This was one of those cases where she wished she was home so she could fully be hands on with her son. Liam was also having some congestion and a lot more emotional, given he wasn't feeling good. Mercedes found his Tylenol, giving it to him and cuddling with him for the time being.

"Son of a bitch." Mercedes shook her head, receiving a text message that the order of Raw changed.

She was now kicking off the show with a promo in forty five minutes. She was already dressed, hair and makeup done. She was just frustrated that she was supposed to be towards the end of the show. She was even more upset that she couldn't be there for Liam fully, now having to really get in character for the show.

"Let's go find daddy, babe. Let's go see daddy." Mercedes gently bounced Liam in her arms, walking around backstage as she found her husband so he could take Liam.

"There you are, you gotta get ready for the promo." Jon said as he took Liam into his arms and saw his wife upset.

"Yeah I know, I really don't wanna be here right now." She admitted, shaking her head and fighting back tears.

"What's wrong baby?" Jon asked as they stepped into a more private area, hugging his emotional wife and son.

"He's sick! And I feel bad because I can't be fully hands on since I have to work! I just feel bad. I'm his mother and I need to be there to help him feel better." Mercedes tried not to cry and struggling to fight back tears. However, she had to stop mid conversation as she had to open the show. Her heart hurt worse as Liam began crying for her as she ran to gorilla.

"It's okay buddy, mama's gonna be back." Jon assured his son, rubbing his back and calming down.

Mercedes was in the Sasha Banks mode as she was in the ring. She delivered her promo, but her mind and heart were elsewhere. She felt as if this was a final straw, not even feeling the excitement of being back in the ring. She wanted to be with her baby boy and husband, stepping away from the limelight. She continued to fight back tears on her way to get Liam from her husband, so he could do his thing in the ring. Mercedes made up her mind quickly on what she wanted and needed to do.

"Mama's back with you baby, let's get you ready for bed and then we can cuddle while we wait for daddy. Mama won't be going anywhere anymore in just a bit." Mercedes soothed Liam, giving him a bath and getting him ready for bed.

She got him into some pajamas, setting him down momentarily. She took off her makeup and took out her contacts, changing into some sweatpants and one of Jon's hoodies, as well as grabbing her glasses and pressing them against her face. Mercedes picked up Liam, cuddling with him until he eventually fell asleep in her arms.

"Hey." Jon quietly said as he saw Liam asleep in Mercedes's arms while she sat on their bed.

"Hey, finally got him to sleep." She replied as Jon nodded his head, walking towards their shower and getting ready for bed himself.

"We need to talk." She said as he came out of the shower, dressed and ready for bed.

"Is it about your burn out feeling you've got going on?" He asked, knowing his wife was going through some tricky emotions.

"Yeah, after tonight I wanna leave babe. Like be done wrestling especially after Elimination Chamber." She admitted, laying Liam down on their bed as they walked out to the couch.

"You wanna be home and be more in that wife and mom role, don't you?" He questioned and raised an eyebrow. Mercedes nodded her head and began getting emotional.

"It really hit tonight, Jon. I couldn't be fully hands on with Liam! And he was crying for me and I just had to listen, couldn't do a damn thing about it!" She began crying as Jon held her close, soothingly rubbing her back.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm so grateful and blessed for everything I've been able to do in the last year. But my heart wants to be home with our baby boy and to be a wife, maybe also adding another one to our family. I just want to be a mom and a wife, I'm not happy being a wrestler anymore. At least for now." She expressed as Jon listened attentively, wiping away her tears.

"Mercedes, it's okay baby girl. You wanting to be a stay at home mom and wife is fine. It's what you want to do. Priorities change and hearts shift, it's all good. If you wanna add another baby to our family, that's perfect too. I'm here for you, support you a hundred percent. It'll seem a little weird not having you and Liam with me all the time, but it's not like I'll never see you. I love you, Mercedes. It's us against the world and I got your back no matter what." He promised, softly kissing his wife.

"I love you Jon. Thank you baby, I'm just over it you know? My heart and head just want to be a stay at home mama and a wife. I just feel that's where I'm at right now." She said while resting her head on the crook of his neck and shoulder.

"It's all good, baby doll. Whatever you want to do is great." He assured her, kissing her forehead before they headed to bed themselves as they were exhausted from the day and their sick toddler.