49

"Get some more sleep, baby. I'll get the gifts together." Jon quietly said to his wife a week later.

Mercedes was up most of the night as Jon woke up with her. They were up with Liam as he was emotional due to him teething. Jon mostly was awake to keep an eye on his wife and son, as Liam mostly wanted his mother for comfort. She didn't mind, knowing one day Liam wouldn't need her to comfort him.

However, the three had a bit of a busy day ahead of them. So, Jon wanted his wife and son to sleep as much as they could. It was Bryton's first birthday. Rebecca and Colby were doing a birthday party at their house, all of their family and friends attending. Mercedes and Jon were looking forward to celebrating their niece's first birthday as well.

"Okay, I love you." She whispered with a tired smile.

"I love you too, baby doll. Get some rest, beautiful." He chuckled, kissing her temple as she quickly drifted off to sleep.

Mercedes and Liam were able to get some more sleep. Jon got Bryton's gifts wrapped, card signed, all placed in a gift bag. The two got up after a few hours, then beginning to get ready for the birthday girl's party. It didn't take long for them to finish getting ready, heading over to the party.

"I cannot believe my niece is one!" Mercedes smiled while hugging Rebecca. The party was going great. Everyone was happy to celebrate the baby girl's first birthday.

"Me either! This last year has gone by so fast, just wait till it's Liam's." Rebecca commented, everyone celebrating each other and Bryton's big day.

"I know, but I'm so proud of you and Colby! You two are the best parents to sweet baby Bry." She proudly grinned as Rebecca appreciated her words, enjoying the time together.