36

Suggestive Content: Religion (Christianity, Praying)

"Shh Liam, it's okay baby." Jon tried hushing their one day old son. It was a little after two in the morning on August Tenth. It hasn't been a full twenty four hours since Mercedes gave birth, so Jon was trying to take over while his wife could sleep as they were still in the hospital.

"Hm? Everything okay?" Mercedes mumbled as she woke up hearing their son cry a bit.

"Yep, just getting him settled. Go back to sleep and get some rest, love." Jon replied, kissing Mercedes' forehead. He got Liam back to sleep as Mercedes fell back asleep herself.

Later on that morning, Mercedes was awake nursing their newborn son. Jon was packing up their belongings to make it easier when she was discharged. Since she and Liam were doing great, they were getting ready to be discharged. Mercedes was relieved and couldn't wait to be back home with her boys. She was ready to tackle on parenthood with her husband.

"I'm gonna run this down and I'll be back." Jon said as he turned to look at his wife who was still feeding their son.

"Sounds good. I think the nurse will be up soon to get us outta here." She smiled before glancing down to make sure Liam was okay. Jon nodded his head before taking their belongings out to their car.

Just a short time later, Mercedes' nurse came up to make sure everything was ready for her and baby Liam to be discharged. Everything was good, so the family of three were ready to go home. They were ready to be finally home and do this thing on their own.

"Ready?" Jon smiled at his wife as he parked their car after the short drive. He got Liam out of the car before going to the passenger side to help his wife.

"Yep, I'll just need help getting upstairs." She admitted as Mercedes had a small tear with some stitches after giving birth. She was sore, but Jon was taking great care of both of them.

"I got you babygirl, it's okay." He tried to reassure his wife while helping her upstairs and into their bedroom. They stopped in the living room so Jon could get Liam out of his car seat. Now, they were slowly but surely making their way to their bedroom to relax and rest.

"I feel disgusting." She yawned as they were now in their room. Jon placed Liam down in his bassinet next to their bed so he could turn his attention to his wife.

"Go shower baby. I got Liam, you need to take care of yourself too." He replied, letting her do her thing. While she cleaned herself up, he tidied around their bedroom so she didn't feel so overwhelmed. Liam wasn't asleep very long before he began whining. Jon stopped what he was doing to tend to the newborn.

"Hey bud, you're okay. You're safe." He tried hushing his newborn son. Nothing was working, but Jon was trying his best. He thought of everything it could be, but Liam wasn't giving in.

"What's wrong bub? It's okay." Mercedes tried to quiet down their son after getting changed into a nursing bra and sweat shorts. She needed that twenty or thirty minutes to cleanse herself and have a moment to herself. Now, she would turn her attention back to her boys.

"Here, I'll try and feed him and see if that calms him down." She said before taking Liam from her husband. They got situated on the bed, beginning to breastfeed their son. It immediately worked, now knowing that he was hungry. After Liam was done, Mercedes did some skin to skin bonding time as that put Liam back to sleep.

"You're a natural mom." Jon chuckled as the two were cuddling with their son.

"You're a good dad too, babe. You just don't have boobs." She teased as they both laughed a bit. Mercedes ended up drifting off to sleep a few minutes later as she was exhausted. Once both were asleep, Jon proudly smiled at his new family.

Jon looked up, thanking god for not taking him and to give him a chance at getting better. He wouldn't want to miss this for the world. He and his wife may not be getting much sleep and a lot would be changing, however this was the happiest Jon's ever been in his life. He wouldn't change a damn thing for the world.

A/N: In this story, Sasha Banks (Mercedes Varnado) and Dean Ambrose (Jon Good) are Christians. You will see hints of religion in future chapters and with their families. I will label it at the top of chapters in case some readers may not be comfortable with it! Thank you!

-Maddie