17

One Week Later

"Yay! We're headed to go see our baby!" Mercedes cheered one week later. No one knew she was pregnant yet. She and Jon wanted to go to the doctor and get an ultrasound done before telling anyone about the pregnancy. Today was the day.

"Mhm, let's go see our beautiful baby." Jon chuckled as they got in their car, making their way to the doctors office.

It didn't take long for the two to arrive to Mercedes' OBG/YN's office. She got herself checked in as they had to wait a bit before she got called back to the room. Once she was called back, they checked her vitals like normal and did a normal examination. Mercedes looked healthy with everything. Afterward, the ultrasound technician came in to do the ultrasound. The doctor came in as well so she could give the married couple her due date and how far along she was.

"Is that, is that the heartbeat?" Mercedes asked as they heard a loud thumping noise. Both she and Jon were very emotional to see their first baby on the screen for the very first time.

"It is! Baby has a very strong heartbeat." Her doctor said as Mercedes gripped Jon's hand tightly. They were so relieved to see that their sweet baby was already so healthy and doing great.

They finished with the ultrasound a few minutes later. Mercedes was eight weeks and three days pregnant. They estimated that her due date would be August First. The couple also got their ultrasound photos, finally heading out to their car.

"Our sweet baby! Baby's so tiny." Mercedes squealed as she and Jon were looking at the ultrasound photos yet again. They were already so in love with their unborn child.

"Baby is so tiny, but I can't wait to watch him or her grow and watch you grow. You'll make the most beautiful pregnant woman ever, babe." Jon winked as Mercedes blushed. They were so excited to begin the next chapter of their lives: parenthood.