16

Two Months Later

It had been nearly three months since Mercedes' rotator cuff surgery. She was now out of her sling and her arm was a bit more mobile, but still not one hundred percent. Progress was progress though. However, Mercedes could have a potential setback to returning in WWE.

If it was supposed to be a coincidence, then it was. Shortly after telling the girls, Rebecca and Colby announced her pregnancy to the world. All the fans were so excited for them and hoped to see Becky Lynch back in action after their child was born.

After Rebecca announced her pregnancy, Mercedes began feeling unwell. She and Jon had sex shortly after he came home from doing his media appearances. They were still able to do it as long as Mercedes was careful with her shoulder, which she was. Now, she was ten days late for her period and having some extreme nausea as well as fatigue.

She knew it could be a possibility, so she got some pregnancy tests just in case she was. She had to disguise herself though, so no reports got out yet. She was going to take the tests that day and tell Jon the results once he got home later that night. Mercedes was anxious and nervous, yet excited if she was.

Yes, she did want to go back to wrestling. However, just like Rebecca, Mercedes has always wanted to be a mother. She would be so happy to begin a family with Jon. Either way, she would be fine. She just wanted to know what was going on.

"Alright, you can do this Mercedes." She said to herself as she headed into the bathroom.

She unboxed both boxes of pregnancy tests. She was going to take all of them to be safe. Mercedes wanted to be one hundred percent sure before telling anyone. She took care of her business, setting down all five pregnancy tests on the counter of her sink.

She set a timer before grabbing a drink of water. She was extremely nervous, but wanted to know what the results were. She nearly jolted when hearing the timer go off. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes and turning over the pregnancy tests. She slowly opened her eyes before looking down at the results.

"Oh my god! Oh, my god!" Mercedes began sobbing when she saw the results on all five pregnancy tests. They all read "pregnant" or "positive." She couldn't believe it. Her hands were shaky from her nerves while grabbing one of the tests and holding it.

"I'm gonna be a mom!" She sobbed as she was overwhelmed with emotions. She couldn't wait to tell Jon when he got home from the road. He would be home sooner than she thought as well.

"Babygirl! I'm home!" Jon called out less than fifteen minutes later. Mercedes quickly took a deep breath before running downstairs to greet her husband.

"Baby! I'm so happy you're home!" Mercedes grinned as the two shared a loving kiss.

"Me too, have you been crying?" He asked as he felt some leftover tears on her rose tinted cheeks.

"Yeah, I have been." She admitted before catching her breath.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He frantically asked. Jon thought something messed up even worse with her shoulder, allowing another setback.

"Yes, I'm okay. I'm great, actually! Come upstairs. I have a surprise for you." She beamed. Jon set his stuff down, furrowing his brows as the two walked up the steps and headed into their bedroom. She had Jon sit down on the edge of their bed while she grabbed the pregnancy tests. She made him close his eyes before walking out of their bathroom and snickering.

"Open your eyes!" She cheered as Jon smiled and did as he was told.

"Congratulations, dad." Mercedes winked as she handed her husband all five positive pregnancy tests in his hands.

"Baby, you're pregnant?" Jon asked as a huge smile was forming on his face. He even felt some tears well up in his eyes.

"I'm pregnant baby. We're gonna be parents!" Mercedes grinned as she felt herself get emotional again. Jon began crying, hugging Mercedes and holding her close.

"I love you, so fucking much Mercedes." Jon quietly said as he was overcome with emotion finding out he will be a father for the first time.

"I love you too, Jonathan. You're gonna be the best dad ever, you know?" Mercedes grinned through her tears as they were looking each other in the eyes now.

"And you'll be the best mom ever. I'm so happy to be having a baby with you, love. No one else I'd rather experience this with. But holy shit, we're having a baby!" He cheered as they shared a passionate and loving kiss. She giggled as they pulled away, soaking in the first moments of finding out they'll be parents.

Even though Mercedes wouldn't be able to return for a while now, she didn't care. The universe was sending her something bigger and better than wrestling. That was becoming a mother and joining the parenthood club. She couldn't wait and was so excited to finally become a mother with the love of her life.