47

Two Months Later|April

Suggestive Content: Religion (Christianity), Mentions of Substance Abuse

"I am very happy to be home for the next few days." Jon said while laying in bed with his wife and son. Mercedes was currently feeding Liam as they all just woke up. They had the next few days off before flying to New Jersey for WrestleMania week.

"Me too, definitely the calm before the storm." Mercedes quietly said while feeding their son.

"Also, happy one year of sobriety baby. I'm so, so proud of you for staying clean over the last year." Mercedes reminded him with a proud smile. It has been exactly one year since Jon was in rehab and got clean from the drugs and alcohol. Even if it may have been small, Mercedes wanted to celebrate her husband's huge milestone.

"Thank you, baby girl. You two are the reasons why I'm here today." Jon admitted, holding their son now that he was done feeding from his mother.

"You know I would never give up on you, honey. I'm so proud of you for getting clean. You're an amazing husband and daddy to our sweet boy, we love you and would never give up on you."

"Thank you, Mercy. I do feel guilty for not being here for most of the pregnancy."

"Jon, it's okay. I never was and never will be mad at you. I would've much rather you gotten clean and been here for our son's birth and his life, rather than the alternative." She replied, softly kissing her husband.

"I know, I will feel better whenever we decide to have another baby because then I can be there in all aspects for the pregnancy." He responded while cuddling with his wife and son.

"Yes, you will be. I did also get you a small present for your one year sobriety mark. Figured you'd like it." She said while handing Jon a small box, wrapped with a ribbon bow on it. He handed her Liam as he opened up the box. Jon smiled bright when he saw what was inside of it.

"Hey, it's a cross necklace. Thank you babygirl." He softly kissed his wife while putting on the necklace.

"Of course, baby. I know you said that you found your faith even stronger than ever after recovering. Figured you'd like this." She giggled while enjoying the morning with her boys.

+

"Damn, we clean up good baby." Jon chuckled as he and Mercedes were getting ready to leave their hotel room.

It was the night of the Hall of Fame ceremony. Mercedes and Jon of course were attending. One of their close friends from Utah would stay with Liam so the two could enjoy the night. Mercedes pumped to make sure Liam ate, as she and Jon would also do a mini dinner date before the event began.

"That we do. Now, let's go enjoy our night. Our calm before the storm." Mercedes giggled as the two shared a sweet kiss. They hugged their son and thanked their friend before heading out for the night, enjoying just the two of them which is something they needed to do before the craziness that came with WrestleMania.