56

Two Weeks Later|NXT Takeover: In Your House

Suggestive Content: Toxic Parental Relationship

Mercedes and Pam were on cloud nine after becoming the first ever WWE Women's Tag Team Champions. They were set to defend their championships across all three brands: Raw, SmackDown, as well as NXT. Tonight was the first step in that direction.

The two were in Orlando, Florida for NXT Takeover: In Your House. They would be defending their WWE Women's Tag Team Championships against the team of Iyo Shirai (Masami Odate) and Kairi Sane (Kaori Housako). The four competitors have always wanted to work together. They were excited to finally get that opportunity tonight.

Mercedes was also excited as Jon decided to come down with Liam. They ended up staying in Orlando for the week after Raw, so they could enjoy some family time the day before and the next day. Ashley and Joe didn't live too far as they came down as well. However, it was nice for Mercedes and Jon to be able to have some alone time with their one year old son. She was glad to have her support from her husband with her. She did the same for him as he does for her.

"Let's do this, Pammy!" Mercedes grinned as she and Pam were walking around the Performance Center to get to the hair and makeup area.

"Ah, so good to be home." Pam smiled as they began getting their hair and makeup done.

They also had some new matching gear to return back home to NXT. It was similar to the designs of their ones from SummerSlam. However, this time it was a different color scheme. They did blue, gold, and white with their logos on it. They both looked great for their match that would kick off this Takeover. They were also glad to get more eyes on the brand new titles, showcasing that the women can have just as good of a tag team division like the men. Just as good, if not better.

"Hey beautiful." Jon winked as he saw his wife in her gear, holding her title in one hand.

"Hey handsome. I'm glad you and bubs are here." She smiled, referencing to their son.

"Nowhere else we'd rather be. Now, go have fun. We'll be back here rooting you on." He said as the two kissed. Mercedes headed up to gorilla with Pam, getting ready for their first NXT Takeover Tag Team Title defense.

Sasha Banks and Bayley received a warm welcome back to NXT. The fans were excited to see the NXT Legends back in the building once again. As they got in the ring, Kairi and Iyo made their way as well. The fans were hyped up for what some may consider a dream match for the four talented women.

The four kicked off the match great. Sasha went up against Kairi to start it off. It was a very intense contest as they had fifteen minutes. However, Mercedes noticed a familiar face in the audience. That familiar face was an unhappy one as the person kept trying to distract her from doing her work. It did not help that he was front row either.

Mercedes quickly snapped back into the Sasha Banks character to continue with the match. It was now her and Iyo Shirai as Bayley took out Kairi Sane on the other side of the ring. Sasha had Iyo flattened before delivering her classic double knees meteora to her competitor. Mercedes was annoyed with the man, walking over to him and talking low.

"Get out of here." She sneered, turning her attention back to Iyo.

The person that Mercedes sneered off to was her own biological father, Derrick Varnado. He and Mercedes have not had a great relationship since she was born. He left her and her mother when she was two years old. Then, when Mercedes turned sixteen years old, her mother left as well. Mercedes was made to fend for herself, as she did just that. She's made a great life for herself that no one but Mercedes could take credit for. It pissed her off that he had the nerve to come to her work and see her after twenty five years of nothing.

Sasha got Iyo back in the ring as she and Bayley made a quick tag. Bayley hit the elbow off the top rope, getting the pin fall victory over Kairi Sane and Iyo Shirai. The four shook hands as Sasha and Bayley raised their arms in victory along with the referee, successfully defending their beloved tag team titles.

Pam could tell something was up with Mercedes. The face did not look familiar to Pam, as she's never seen Mercedes' biological father. Of course she's heard stories, but never seen him. That is why Paul Levesque has always been a father figure to Mercedes, even walking her down the aisle and calling himself the adoptive grandfather to her and Jon's son, Liam. It would be the same if and when Mercedes and Jon chose to have any more children down the line.

"Mercy, you okay?" Pam asked as she and Mercedes walked through the curtain.

"No, my piece of shit dad showed up." Mercedes said before grabbing some water, knowing she needed to cool off. She did not see her husband or son, knowing they must be on the bus so Jon can get Liam to sleep.

"Mercedes? Someone is here to see you." A security guard came up to the petite woman. Mercedes could see out of the corner of her eye that it was indeed her biological father, Derrick Varnado. She wanted nothing to do with that or coming even closer to contact with him.

"You can escort him. I do not want to speak to him." She made clear as Derrick began walking towards her.

"Get the hell out of here! Get away from me, my husband, and my son you piece of shit!" Mercedes bellowed as it took three security guards to get Derrick escorted off the property.

Mercedes could not let this affect her and the great things that were happening to her. She would not let him steal her sparkle yet again.