67

The following week, Jon was back home from the road again. Mercedes made an appointment to go see her OB/GYN now that her husband was home from the road. She would be getting a checkup as well as an ultrasound done for their first baby. Mercedes was still nervous given that she wrestled inside the Elimination Chamber just four weeks ago. However, she and Jon would find out everything today.

Mercedes and Jon dropped Liam off with Rebecca, Colby, and Bryton. They made up an excuse, saying they wanted to have a morning out together. Rebecca and Colby didn't mind as they loved getting to see their nephew. Liam and Bryton also got along well, given they were only four months apart. They were practically soul siblings and loved to be together.

"Let's go see the baby!" Mercedes grinned after she and Jon dropped Liam off with their two best friends and niece.

"Yep. Let's go see our little sweetie." Jon smiled as he began driving them to her appointment.

It wasn't long before the two arrived at Mercedes' OB/GYN. They got Mercedes checked in and waited a few minutes before she was called back. They did the normal check up before asking her about her symptoms. She also expressed concern about the baby, given she just wrestled in an Elimination Chamber match four weeks ago. Her doctor understood and began the ultrasound.

"Baby's heartbeat sounds good and baby looks healthy." Her OB/GYN smiled at the two, the happily married couple very emotional to see and hear their baby for the first time.

"I'm so relieved. I was so worried about little babe." Mercedes breathed, relieved that her and Jon's baby was healthy.

"Little babe's healthy. Feeling never gets old." Jon smiled as they continued with the ultrasound and more excited than ever to welcome a second child into their family.

Mercedes' OB/GYN also said that she was nine weeks pregnant. She was due on October Twenty-Ninth, 2020. The happy couple were excited, eager, and emotional to welcome in their second child. Her doctor did tell her to take it easy though, given she was coming off a brutal match. Mercedes understood, feeling in awe of being pregnant a second time. This time would be even better now that Jon was home and sober.

"I'm so happy everything is okay with our baby." Mercedes said during the drive back to Rebecca and Colby's home.

They stopped on the way to pick up some goodies for Liam, given they were going to tell him about the baby that night. He wouldn't understand, but the couple still wanted their first born to feel special and loved. It was a small gesture, but one that would count and make it easier.

"Me too baby. I can't wait to have another baby with you, my amazing wife. You're the best mom to Liam, so I know nothing will change with that." Jon replied while happily holding his wife's hand.

"I love you honey! Let's go get our baby and tell him, even if he won't understand." She snickered as Jon let out a chuckle.

Mercedes and Jon picked up Liam after getting him some goodies. They also told Rebecca and Colby about the pregnancy too. Their friends were over the moon excited and happy to have another nephew or a niece. Mercedes and Jon were happy to get Liam as well, taking him home. They were getting him ready for a nap, but decided to give him his gifts and tell him about the baby. Sure, he wouldn't understand. However, the two still wanted him to feel involved and a part of it as much as they could.

"Liam, come here baby." Mercedes said as Liam was playing with his new fire truck that Mercedes and Jon bought for their son earlier that morning.

"Mama and I wanna tell you something buddy." Jon said as the two sat with their son.

"You're gonna be a big brother, Liam! There's a baby in mama's belly." Mercedes grinned as Liam began laughing, the happy couple laughing as well. They laughed even more when Liam patted his belly, thinking that's what his parents meant.

"No, baby in mama's belly! Goofball." Mercedes laughed, patting her belly as Liam continued laughing.

"Liam's gonna have a baby brother or sister to chase him around." Jon chuckled as Liam went to hug Mercedes and Jon, the two kissing their son's cheeks.

"Yay for baby!" Mercedes giggled as she soaked up the love and excitement with her boys. They were very eager to welcome baby number two, becoming a family of four. October couldn't come soon enough.