33

Two Months Later

"Ready?" Ashley asked while curling Mercedes' hair.

Mercedes was now thirty six weeks pregnant with her and Jon's son. Their friends wanted to throw her a baby shower, so Ashley was doing her best friend turned to little sister's hair and makeup. Mercedes was extremely appreciative of their best friends. They truly had the most amazing support in the world. However, she wished her husband was here to be a part of it.

Little did Mercedes know, Jon would be arriving home later that day. He lied on the day he was coming home, which he said was in four days. He wanted to surprise his wife. All of their friends knew and were doing a great job of keeping it a secret.

"Yes! Thank you for glamming me, you're a great sister." Mercedes grinned at the tall blonde.

"Of course! That's what sisters are for." Ashley grinned while fixing her hair.

Everyone else was at the hall where Mercedes' baby shower was held. Mostly the guys were there to decorate. She wanted a blue bear theme for her soon to be born son. She was extremely grateful that they were able to get it ready for when she arrived.

"Oooh I love it Ash! Thank you!" Mercedes beamed, now looking at her hair and makeup.

Her hair fell in loose curls as Ashley did a braid on each side of her head, letting that fall into a low half ponytail. Her makeup was a simple smokey eye with a pop of blue shimmer, on top of her natural base and a light peach lip combo. She looked stunning for her baby shower.

"Of course! You look stunning sister." She happily responded before the two got dressed and ready for the event.

While the girls were getting dressed, the guys finished setting up at the baby shower. Joe and Colby were going to pick up Jon from the airport. Fergal, Rami, Kevin, and Claudio were going to hold down the fort until everyone got there. They couldn't wait to see Jon back home. They were even more excited to see the look on Mercedes' face when she saw her husband.

"And now we wait." Colby chuckled as Joe drove them to the airport. They knew Jon would be landing any moment now, but just had to wait.

"Yessir. I'm just glad Jon's gonna be back and healthy now. I hope he's able to move forward on to bigger and better things." Joe replied, looking up at Colby from his phone.

"Me too. I haven't really talked to him too much since everyone's kinda filled me in on where he's been. We've talked a few times on the phone while he's been gone, but of course he's been talking to Mercedes any chance he gets." He responded as the two men waited for their brother to land and arrive.

"I think that's him." Colby said about a half hour later. A huge group of people were walking out of the airport. The two men quickly spotted their brother.

"Sure is. Let's get 'em." Joe grinned as the two stepped out of the car. Jon chuckled to himself before making his way over to his brothers.

"Long time no see?" Jon chuckled as they shared a sweet embrace together. It was something the three brothers have needed ever since Colby's wreck nearly eight months ago.

"Oh yeah. How you've been brother? It's so good to see you home again." Colby smiled as they were heading inside the car, exiting the airport parking lot.

"I've been doing better. At first it was hard and it's been really hard not seeing Mercedes. But I feel good now, ready to take on the journey of sobriety at home. It's good to see you too, Colb. I'm glad you're okay." Jon replied while sitting in the back seat.

"Is there anything different you do now that you're home?" Joe asked while driving.

"I have to see a few more doctors because of my seizure I had. Luckily it was just the one time, but they still have to keep an eye on me ya know? And I have a sobriety therapist to go see whenever I'm home." He responded as the two men nodded their heads, happy to see their brother taking steps in the right direction.

Back at the event, the girls were all having fun together. It was of course Pam, Ashley, Rebecca with baby Bryton, Leah (Carmella), Trinity (Naomi), Lina (Nia Jax) and a few others. Fergal, Claudio, Rami, and Kevin were there as well making sure that everything was still good. They were also waiting on Joe, Jon, and Colby to arrive in order to surprise Mercedes. It was an amazing day filled with lots of love and happiness for Mercedes and Jon's growing family.

"They're here." Fergal whispered to Pam, so they could get Mercedes where Jon would surprise her.

"On it." Pam replied back to her husband. She then got Mercedes, Ashley, and Rebecca's attention. Ashley and Rebecca knew what she was doing, but kept it low so Mercedes didn't feel any sort of suspicion.

"You guys wanna come over here to take some pictures?" Pam asked. Against a wall, the girls had made a blue and white rose board with an LED light that said "welcome baby boy." Mercedes loved it and of course they wanted to use it for some photos. That's how Jon would come into play.

"Alright, your turn mama." Rebecca giggled as they had Mercedes up against the board. She happily showed off her ever growing baby bump. However, the girls had to play it cool when Jon came up behind her to surprise her.

"Miss me?" Jon smirked as he made a funny face behind his wife. Mercedes' eyes got big and her jaw dropped. She turned around to see her husband standing behind her.

"Babe?" Mercedes' eyes welled up with tears before hugging her husband tight. She was overcome with emotion, seeing her husband for the first time in nearly four months.

"You look beautiful, babygirl. I missed you." He quietly said in her ear. Their friends took some pictures, but then walked away to give the married couple some privacy.

"I missed you so much babe! How are you here so early?! I didn't think you were coming home for a few more days!" She exclaimed, now the two looking face to face at each other.

"Surprise baby! I love you." He chuckled, passionately kissing his wife.

"I love you so much! This is the best surprise ever!" She squealed.

Mercedes was over the moon to have her husband back. She was even more thrilled that he was home before their son was born. Now, they could finish preparing for the soon arrival of their son. Mercedes couldn't be any more happier than she was right now.