30

Six Weeks Later

TW: Seizures

"I could not be any happier for you! I think that I speak for everyone when I tell you how happy I am to see him home now." Mercedes grinned at Rebecca.

A lot has happened in the last six weeks. Mercedes found out she and Jon were having a baby boy. She could start preparing for the birth of their child. She was hopeful he would be home from rehab before she gave birth.

Even with that, a miracle had happened. Colby was making a miraculous recovery post wreck nearly five months ago. Over the last month and a half, he began to regain himself. He was alert. He was slowly regaining his strength and memory back. Colby was even healthy enough to finally come home.

Everyone (minus Jon) was able to come visit Colby now that he was home. They were all excited, over the moon, and emotional to see their brother home. He would still have multiple doctor visits through the week. However, they were just in awe to see the way he was recovering now.

"Me too, and really. Thank you for everything Mercy. You're the best sister and aunt." Rebecca smiled as the two hugged. Colby and Bryton were asleep in the living room. Everyone else had already left. Mercedes would shortly be headed home soon. She just wanted to make sure her brother, sister, and niece were situated before heading out.

"Of course, you know I always got your guys' backs. I love you three so much! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you guys need anything at all!" Mercedes grinned as they let go of their embrace.

"Definitely, and we love you too. Be safe!" The two women waved off as Mercedes headed back home.

Once she got home, she passed out. She was now in her third trimester, so she was nearing the end. She was definitely feeling the exhaustion, but knew it would be worth it to meet her and Jon's beautiful baby boy. However, a few hours later she was woken up by her phone ringing. She was happy to see it was her husband calling her.

"Hey baby! Are you okay?" She quickly asked as she saw Jon was in a hospital room.

"Uh, no not really." He groaned while trying to open up his eyes.

"What's wrong?" She nearly panicked and was concerned for her husband who was nearly twenty one hours away.

"Apparently I had a seizure." He blurted out as Mercedes felt like her eyes were about to fall out of her head.

"W, what?" She stuttered, baffled and beside herself.

"Yeah, apparently I did." He sighed, not wanting to stress his wife out but had to be honest with her.

"Well what happened?" She questioned as Mercedes was unsure of the situation that occurred for her husband to have a seizure.

"So, I was in a therapy session talkin' 'bout my issues and shit." He began as Mercedes nodded her head.

"Then, everything went black and I don't remember this. But the therapist said that my right arm and leg kept jerking and I was staring out into space even though everything went black. I couldn't respond to shit, I kept blinking for a while and couldn't hear anything. So, they rushed me to the hospital for evaluations." Jon explained as Mercedes felt her heart sink.

"Jon." Mercedes began as tears spilled over her lower lids.

"Mm sorry." He mumbled before blinking his eyes open a bit.

"It's not your fault though, have they said what may have been the cause of it?" She asked with concern expressed across her tan face.

"Maybe an effect after cutting cold turkey? Or something I could've developed after it. I dunno if it keeps happening but I'm getting meds for it. I guess we'll see." He shrugged as the two had to get off the phone since Jon had to do some scans and x rays. Mercedes was terrified. Her husband had a seizure and she couldn't be there with him. Who knew what this meant for the future?