32

"Mercedes!" Rebecca called out about a month later. She had Bryton with her. She also brought Ashley and Pam to see Mercedes.

Mercedes was now twenty eight weeks pregnant with her and Jon's son. The girls wanted to help out their best friend. With Jon being in rehab, they wanted to help her prepare for their son's arrival. They would help her get her baby boy's nursery ready.

"Hey guys! What are you doing here?" Mercedes asked with a bright smile, seeing her best friends turned to sisters and her niece downstairs looking for her.

"Surprise!" Ashley and Pam giggled as the four shared a hug. Mercedes happily took her six week old niece into her arms. Rebecca didn't mind either.

"It's so good to see you both! But how'd you guys pull this off?" She asked while holding her niece and admiring her.

"We have some off days and we wanted to help you get ready for baby boy!" Pam proudly grinned, making Mercedes' eyes tear up a bit. She truly had the greatest friends of all time.

"Nursery?" Mercedes giggled as the girls nodded their heads.

"Alright c'mon. But there's no name signs or anything like that up yet since we don't have a name." She added as they walked upstairs, entering the room that Mercedes and Jon had for their baby boy.

"No name?" Rebecca asked as they pulled out the safari themed items that Mercedes picked out for the nursery.

"No, I've been wanting to wait for Jon to come home to pick out a name. Hopefully he's able to come back home before baby's born." She admitted as the girls were understanding. Mercedes took Bryton downstairs to hang out with her niece while the girls began helping in the nursery. Just a few moments later, she heard her phone ringing. She was giddy as she saw who was calling.

"Hey baby! How are you?" Mercedes excitedly answered the phone, seeing her husband.

"I'm doing good beautiful, looks like you're getting some snuggles in." He chuckled, seeing baby Bryton fast asleep in her aunt's arms.

"I am! But how are you? Are you doing okay? I miss you." She replied, looking at her husband through the screen.

"I'm doing much better baby. I have some good news." He teased as she grew a bit suspicious.

"I will be home before baby boy's born." He grinned as Mercedes gasped with excitement.

"You will?!" She beamed, over the moon joyed to hear the news.

"I will baby, I'm doing much better here. It's still going to be a road to recovery, but I'm feeling better. I think I should be home when you're about thirty six weeks. So just in time for little man's arrival." Jon informed his wife as Mercedes was ecstatic. She couldn't wait to have her husband back home and in her arms. The distance and him being gone was tough, but he had to do it. Jon had to get better for their family.